Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hi all,
    I'm new to the forums. Ok, Verizon is getting the Pre plus, but based on previous history, should I expect palm, when the Pre Plus is released in Verizon, to build the Sprint Pre's with the same standards as Verizon's Pre+?

By this I don't mean Sprint getting the extra features like the extra RAM or storage space. I mean will the Sprint Pre inherit the (supposedly) better build quality and the improved keyboard?

I have a Treo 755P and I love its toughness and its keyboard. Heck, it even withstood a bear hacking at it after it stole my backpack in Yosemite (it was soaked in bear saliva though). I don't mind waiting until a few months from now when sprint does get a new Pre version, but if the aforementioned question holds, I might just buy it sooner - after playing with one at the Sprint store, I can't stand the current Pre's soft keyboard.
    Thanks!
    I had a long conversation (actually several, but you can read some of my oter posts) with sprint and the rep. Said they haven't gotten a confirmed date for the new palm phone, but wouldn't say anything more than that. Not sure if it's a revised pre/pixi or something new but either way I'm really wondering what's she meant. Since asurian has sent me 3 broken phones now I have no idea what's going on. I love my pre, but if a new one without a slider or a better slider comes out I'm not sure what I will do as this phone is a miricle for working. (see I lost my pre)
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    If you want my honest opinion, wait for the new device to launch on Sprint from Palm. The shoddy build quality of the Pre bugs me so much that sometimes I just don't even use the phone unless I absolutely have to. I have gone back to my Centro a few times, but end up missing WebOS and I come back.

I will try again in a few days to try to get my phone replaced under warranty but at this point I am just so sick and tired of having Pres with issues, and I have just come to accept that I might as well just keep mine because it seems like every one of them has some sort of issue.

I really hope Verizon gets a much better built one than what was released on Sprint, at least that will prove that finally the Pre is built like it should have been and I can have some faith restored in Palm's devices in terms of build. As great of a device the Pre is in terms of its software, I don't know *** went wrong with the hardware because I have never owned a phone that was built so terribly.. almost to the point when you're holding it you feel like you're on pins and needs due to the flimsyness of the device.
    LIke I said in another thread, there many more Pre users out there that are happy with their phones. If you are basing you decision on these negative threads, then you missed out on a great phone. We have 3 launch day Pre's with no hardware problems.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Sure, in a forum one is more likely to find stories about problems than happy users expressing how much they like the phone.

I'm very careful with the phones that I buy and I take good care of them so I expect that if I were to get a Pre there is a high probability that it will last me a long time. However, there was definitely a design choice by palm engineers to make the keyboard softer than the Treos (they corrected this with the Pixi though), so I was curious whether Sprint's Pre would inherit any better build quality, especially when it comes to a more responsive keyboard, that Verizon's P+ might get.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    LIke I said in another thread, there many more Pre users out there that are happy with their phones. If you are basing you decision on these negative threads, then you missed out on a great phone. We have 3 launch day Pre's with no hardware problems.
    I got both of my Pres from the same store, so I am not going to deny that maybe I just got both phones from a bad batch that was local to my area/small production amount.

My brother also has a Pre which works flawlessly w/ just a tiny dead pixel, plus I have no Oreo what-so-ever just a screwy LCD screen and a serious overheating issue.