Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I know you guys are going to say this is abuse but all my phones have never started having issues booting.. I have had the battery replaced and it no longer slider shuts off on me. It does however turn off it is dropped 6 to 12 inches onto something soft. For example my phone will fall out of my cup holder then turn off. Then not want to reboot until I do a battery pull. Sometimes I have to pull the battery more than once..Sometimes the phone gets banged around in my pocket and will turn off. The phone is just being far to fragile.

I know you guys are going to scream abuse but this phone is way to soft to be like this after 6 months of use. Anyone having problems like this?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. And my phone hasn't been bumped or fallen out of my pocket or anything like that. It will just randomly shut off and I cannot get it to turn back on unless I take the battery out. Or it will turn back on but get stuck on the Palm logo and I have to pull the battery. It's really been a pain lately and I've noticed that this all started after the last update.

I keep thinking that I should take it to Sprint because I can't get Web Doctor to open and I don't know what else to do.
    definitely a bug. The forum is not he place to complain, calling palm is better. I have the exact same problem.
    Ive been having this problem, too. Its such a hassle having to pull the battery out but Ive caught on...if the Palm Logo doesn't have a glow around it and flash right away then i know it is not going to start up and pop the battery out.
    ^ Exactly. I've had my phone turn off at night twice! The battery was charged, too. I woke up to see my phone shut off. I tried to turn it on and it froze on the Palm logo (without the 'breathing' glow). I finally got it to start up with a battery pull, but man on man it kinda freaked me out the first time. Hasn't happened for a week (knock on wood) and I hope it stays that way.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I have had this exact problem about 5 or 6 times since I got mine in June. This has happened while my phone is sitting in its leather case in my cup holder in the car. All the incidents did not involve what I consider any significant road bumps causing it though. I can open and close the phone slider quickly and repeatedly and even lightly jostle the battery and it won't unexpectedly power off -- but sitting in a cup holder on a car ride does!
    Take it into your Sprint Service and Repair store and they will install battery bumpers.

Even if you have the correct battery, there is an issue with spacing on the right side of the battery - even the lightest drops can disconnect the battery from the contacts.

Hope this helps!

(In the meantime, fold up a post it and stick it in between the battery and the top of the phone on the right hand side.. you should be able to see where. It will be obvious.)
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I had the same problem only once in the past two weeks I had the phone. I'm sure its a software glitch causing the phone to crash, and another glitch causing the phone's boot script to fail.

Just noticed; Kitten == Kytton? You forget your password or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    Just noticed; Kitten == Kytton? You forget your password or something?
    Haha. Nope. Wow, didn't notice that. Coinkydink.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Based on the avatar pics you two could be sisters. And in the same state? With the same phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    Based on the avatar pics you two could be sisters. And in the same state? With the same phone?
    LOL! Nope, I rock a Pixi. I'm just in this forum to help out with tech/hardware/software questions (I'm a Sprint Technical Consultant..)
    LOL, thats funny.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytton View Post
    Take it into your Sprint Service and Repair store and they will install battery bumpers.

Even if you have the correct battery, there is an issue with spacing on the right side of the battery - even the lightest drops can disconnect the battery from the contacts.

Hope this helps!

(In the meantime, fold up a post it and stick it in between the battery and the top of the phone on the right hand side.. you should be able to see where. It will be obvious.)
    They wont give me problems as my phone is cracked?
    I've been experiencing the same thing.
    I thought at first it was the battery and I was going to take into Sprint.
    I wanted to see if I could recreate the problem, but I can't.
    I've had this phone for months and only recently has it been shutting off. I've already replaced my phone twice, this is a newer model and the battery fits snug.
    It seems to be random, but it does happen a few times a day. I don't want to take it into sprint and not be able to show them the problem.

I can just be walking as usual, reach in my pocket and it's off.
    I leave it in my car, on the center console as usual, and now sometimes it will be randomly shut off.
    I've woken up to it being shut off (luckily on a day off!)
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Mine does this too. Started with 1.3.5. Not sure if its pure OS bug, or related to need for speed install. But its def a new problem, and not my battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiako View Post
    They wont give me problems as my phone is cracked?
    I personally wouldn't. It's a known issue and a quick fix. The only time we really turn down repair on physically damaged phones is when the damage is what is causing the issue, or if we have to order a replacement.
    I have the same problem... and just start to missing my old Samsung Instinct....Never had a problem with this.