Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree. Some people are too quick to return a phone. I've only had my pre for a couple months, and I've had problems, but I look for solutions before I just take it back to the Sprint store. I've had screen issuses, the random shutdowns due to loose battery problem, and most recently the stuck in headset mode prob (for 2 days), but I came on the forum and found help to get those issues fixed. Yeah it sucks having to deal with that stuff, but its worth it to have the pre. Its definitely in the top 3 phones on the market even with the problems, probably number 1 by 3.0. Just my 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I can't believe no one has said this already, but yes, wait! Get it on Verizon ...
    I think that's because the OP still had 2 more months before being eligible for an upgrade, and Sprint CSRs are bending the rules in order to allow the OP to upgrade now since his phone is broken. He also does not have a lot of money. Sprint seems to be the better place for him at the moment.

OP: If you want to economize while still not worrying about Pre build quality, maybe you can look at the Pixi. It does not have WiFi but then neither did your Centro. The WiFi is nice, but if you are economizing and still want build quality, the Pixi would be a good solution if you are often/usually in strong signal areas.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Just wait a bit longer and get the HTC Supersonic
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Just wait a bit longer and get the HTC Supersonic
    "The phone's software stack is buggy enough right now to suggest that we're not looking at a release any time soon, but we don't have details on the projected launch window."

-Engadget

I think by the time that phone will be out(assumptions), Palm will have already announced a new phone for Sprint also(and hopefully we will have seen Apples new offerings, so Palm knows what they need to put in to be competitive with all, or they could just go all out and throw that nifty new dual core Cortex in it, and call it a day =D).

*Source
    Quote Originally Posted by feyded1020 View Post
    "The phone's software stack is buggy enough right now to suggest that we're not looking at a release any time soon, but we don't have details on the projected launch window."

-Engadget

I think by the time that phone will be out(assumptions), Palm will have already announced a new phone for Sprint also(and hopefully we will have seen Apples new offerings, so Palm knows what they need to put in to be competitive with all, or they could just go all out and throw that nifty new dual core Cortex in it, and call it a day =D).

*Source
    I really doubt the next-gen WebOS device will be WiMAX, nor Snapdragon (or better)--but I love being pleasantly-surprised.
    no 'Thanks'
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    There are many Pre's out there that are performing fine, we have 3 launch day Pre's and have not had any hardware issues with them. The problem with forums is that people with problems search them out, not a true representation of the product. In June I can upgrade my Pre if want to, but a Pre Plus would not be enough to make me upgrade, I see myself perfectly happy with my Pre untill a new phone with significant improvements comes along.
    Couldn't agree more. Same with me, come June and Sprint gets the Pre plus, I am not upgrading. My phone is great condition and I got the insurance. So until we get the Pre 2.O I am growing old with my Pre.

I really do think a lot of folks will be disappointed come June. I strongly believes Palm is not releasing a Pre II until next year when it's announce at CES. I personally think they are going to work on perfecting WebOS, making it speedier, before any new hardware upgrade.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Get the Pre. You'll qualify for an upgrade a year from now anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I really doubt the next-gen WebOS device will be WiMAX, nor Snapdragon (or better)--but I love being pleasantly-surprised.
    I somehow doubt the same also. Yet I do love surprises, and I still dont want to be so quick to rule out the chances, especially if Sprint is rushing to push out WiMAX, which from what Ive been reading, they chuggin along.

I think the next webOS device has a VERY high chance of snapdragon(or rather a TI comparable version or better), although it'd seem that Palm is wanting to match Apple, so whatever they choose, I'd assume we would see something similar from Palm.
    Last edited by feyded1020; 01/18/2010 at 08:02 PM.
    I wish Palm could figure out a dual-slider design... or perhaps a Pixi w/ QWERTY landscape sliding keyboard.

I have seen a dual-slider design before, where it could slide out both directions, giving a landscape QWERTY, and a portrait number pad.

Something like that would be awesome, although if it came down to it, I would pick landscape... I spend too much time typing with the Pre held sideways--fairly annoying.
    no 'Thanks'
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    saving 10 to 25 dollars a month over the course of a year or two years is more important to some people.

besides, 7 Pre's, or any phone, in that month of time, is suspect moreso to user error than bad luck.
    If I didn't know myself, then user error would be on the table. User error doesn't account for touch screen's stopping working, air bubble's under the screen, oreo effects, or any of the other countless issue's I've had with my Pre's. You want to know why I've had 7 Pre's? Because Palm keeps sending me Pre's from the original (bad) batch. Yes, I've talked to them about it, and although they are new phones they're sending me, they're flawed. So in my case, it's company error, not user error.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12