Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    when ever I use the search function of the phone and hit google i get german results and the web brower switches to german. If i open my browser and google something then its english.
    im in the uk and my regional settings are set as such. Anyone know why this is happening?
    Some people have the same problem in the US where Google returns Spanish results... Have no clue why.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    ive been having that problem as well, getting german results on search.
    There's a thread out there about customizing universal search. Sorry, no time to find out which one it is precisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    when ever I use the search function of the phone and hit google i get german results and the web brower switches to german. If i open my browser and google something then its english.
    im in the uk and my regional settings are set as such. Anyone know why this is happening?
    Yeah I'm having the same problem - it's annoying! Anyone out there know whats going on - it's only recently been doing it?!
    my 2cents.. .

it might be a possibility that the pre is sending your account info over to google as a german/spanish account ??? In this case, making sure the google acc/profie is set to google usa .. or google (whichever country) but language specific might help ? :P
    i have the same issue, very annoying, loads of german crap!

@srikanthi57 everybody here is using english, its just a google search, not connected to the gmail accounts, plus everybody set up the accounts as british english or whatever, so not sure why german is coming up.

also i've added this issue to the forum topic over at palm support forums.
    http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...mp=true#M14207

its a long shot but hopefully they read their forums
    Last edited by peabrain; 01/19/2010 at 05:23 PM.