1.    #1  
    I just got my third Pre and it appears that the gesture area LEDs and center button lights are not working (when gesturing nor for notifications, etc.). I cannot remember if it did this when I first booted it up or if it started when I installed any number of patches. Has anyone encountered this and could it be patch related or do I need to go for Pre number 4 (previous hardware issues include non-functional volume button and headphone jack stuck on headset)?
    I thought it's supposed to light up for gestures but definitely not for notificatons.
  3.    #3  
    There's a patch for that. It doesn't light up for any normal functions that it would usually light up for.
    have you tried doctoring to isolate it as a hardware issue
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1200 View Post
    There's a patch for that. It doesn't light up for any normal functions that it would usually light up for.
    I know there's a patch for that which I use, but I meant straight out of the box.
    straight out of the box they should light up when you touch the gesture area.
  7.    #7  
    Yes, they should. However, the time between "right out of the box" and patched was so minimal, I don't know if I ever saw them work.
    The two steps I'm seeing right now are to remove all patches and then to try doctoring it. I just was checking to see if this was an issue that someone had encountered before going that far.
  8.    #8  
    Update: I removed the LED service patch and rebooted and all is well.