1.    #1  
    I have no patches, homebrews, tweaks, twaks...... Nothing.
    This also happened 2 or 3 weeks ago.
    I didn't then, nor did i now, have any cards open.
    What could be causing this?
    Is it the battery?
    Is it the Pre?
    Is it 1.3.5.1?
    Has this happened to anybody else?
    Is it possible to ever make a woman happy?
    No?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/18/2010 at 11:36 AM.
    I have had a similar problem a few times since the newest patch.

I get the very low battery warning "Phone will shut down soon", and it shows almost empty battery icon in the upper-right.

After a minute or so, and locking/unlocking the screen a few times, the battery reset to where it was (95%).

I also have no homebrew apps or tweaks.

Has only happened a couple times since 1.3.5.1..
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipey View Post
    I have had a similar problem a few times since the newest patch. *You meant UPDATE, right?

I get the very low battery warning "Phone will shut down soon", and it shows almost empty battery icon in the upper-right.

After a minute or so, and locking/unlocking the screen a few times, the battery reset to where it was........
    Yep. That's exactly how it happens with me too.
    Apparently you both need some Homebrew and/or Tweaks installed. It seems thats the problem!
    and why are you complaining about a warning ?
    i think people on here said it was related to a battery meter inside the battery? they suggested letting the battery run all the way till it's dead and then recharge it. My fiancee had it happen to her and it happened to me once but i haven't seen it in a while. There must be something related to the latest update cause that's when it started happening... oh well...

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    and why are you complaining about a warning ?
    I guess you didn't read the 56% or 95% parts of these "complaints".
    A little common sense here, ok?
    Just a little.
    Oh, and by the way, do you know that there is a difference between a "complaint" and a "question"?
    Look it up, u'll see.
    You never had anything good to say in your replies to me anyway, so i'm not surprised by your latest.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/18/2010 at 12:28 PM.
    Yeah it has been mentioned on here, seems to have started after the 1.3.5 update. What solved it for me was completely draining the battery til it shutoff and then fully charging.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...up-normal.html

Mentioned on the official palm forums too:

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...ssage.id=13799
  9.    #9  
    @gabbott:

Thanx gabbott.
    I'm surprised i missed it here.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    i think people on here said it was related to a battery meter inside the battery? they suggested letting the battery run all the way till it's dead and then recharge it. My fiancee had it happen to her and it happened to me once but i haven't seen it in a while. There must be something related to the latest update cause that's when it started happening... oh well...
    Ok, thanx.
    Yeah it's common for lithium batteries to get off on their internal battery meter.
    Try what 05typesdc5 suggested, let it run until it does and recharge it.

There are plenty of tips for keeping a lithium battery running heathly the longest and it includes keeping it chilled (I don't think that's possible) and keeping it charged between 75%-90% at all times (though I do personally like seeing that 100% it does cause some wear apparently). And a lot of people suggest the power cycles of draining it completely once every 4-6 months, while theoretically it causes wear it would help the battery correctly read its charge allowing you to keep it in it's optimal charge area.

Also keeping it at 75- 90 helps with you not using more power than necessary, apparently just keeping a phone on a charger overnight is similar to leaving lights on 24/7.
    http://www.slate.com/id/2232195/

This is a funny ad from the Department of Energy telling you to unplug your phones at night:
    http://www.adgabber.com/video/video/...4:Video:158588
    Last edited by alex.dobeck; 01/18/2010 at 12:28 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks, Alex.
    I would hit the 'thanks' button for alot of these replies, but i'm on the mobile side of the forum.
    No 'thanx' buttons here.
    danny its most likely a battery thing.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    danny its most likely a battery thing.
    I was thinkin' that too.
    Thanks, Shane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipey View Post
    I have had a similar problem a few times since the newest patch.

After a minute or so, and locking/unlocking the screen a few times, the battery reset to where it was (95%).

I also have no homebrew apps or tweaks.

Has only happened a couple times since 1.3.5.1..
    I get this too. Except my battery goes to -1% and then if I turn it off (the screen) and turn it back on, it's fine.

Started happening with 1.3.5.1 I believe. I've doctored my phone and it still did it once since the doctor. I am using a slightly upgraded battery from the store on this site. The 1300 Seido one or whatever it is.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09