1.    #1  
    I'm thinking of getting the Pre Plus when it comes to VZW but I have a few questions about instant messaging. I'm currently using Mundu on my Centro and have an AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and GTalk accounts. Can some of you already with a Pre answer these for me?

1. How well does the Pre stay connected to the providers and how well does it re-connect if the connection is lost? It seems most phone don't handle this well.
    2. Can you view your friends status messages and create your own status message to use?
    3. Are conferences or chat rooms supported? If so are they supported across providers?
    4. Can you send files or photos via im?
    5. Can you save chat history?

(most of these are existing features in Mundu for the PalmOS)

Thanks for any help!
    1. I've never had too much trouble or a noticeable issue where pre disconnects or has to constantly reconnect, it seems to just work for the most part.
    2. Yes, yes. Although if they are too long it might not show the whole thing(but you can add a patch to the Pre to fix this issue)
    3. no.
    4. no.
    5. Your chat history will always exist unless you wipe the device or delete the conversation with that person. And you can copy the whole conversation with copy all.

MSN support doesn't official exist yet, but the others do. Also when you sign into an IMing service, it will sync your buddy list into the Contacts(Address book) application as a word of warning. Another word of warning, being connected to an instant messaging service will add a bit of a drain to your battery life.
    Just to let you know, Mundu has created an IM client for WebOS as well, so you can still get your MSN fix in if you wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of Reason View Post
    Just to let you know, Mundu has created an IM client for WebOS as well, so you can still get your MSN fix in if you wish.
    Not necessarily a client yet, but a web portal. Supposedly they should have an app in the catalog soon.
  5.    #5  
    Sweet, thanks everyone. IM'ing and push email are very important to me. I'm getting a new phone in Feb. I've narrowed it down to the Pre Plus and DROID. Needless to say the DROID doesn't do these two things well at all.
    Is there a way to toggle being signed in/out or is the only way to avoid the drain to totally delete the account and not use it?
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Is there a way to toggle being signed in/out or is the only way to avoid the drain to totally delete the account and not use it?
    Click "buddies" in the messaging app and click on the "available" and a drop down box should appear. Click sign out.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Hi all:

Is there a way to use messenger horizontally? If so, can you use the virtual keyboard that way?

Thank you.
  9.    #9  
    Yes on landscape. Just download the messaging landscape patch in preware. Not sure about the virtual keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Yes on landscape. Just download the messaging landscape patch in preware. Not sure about the virtual keyboard.
    VK works in landscape.