1.    #1  
    Just wondering if anyone with the UK GSM pre on O2 has managed to find an application for secure storage of passwords.
    (The only ones I've found seem to be unavailable for download in the UK)
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Several are available via Homebrew apps: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps

Depends if you're loading HomeBrew apps and patches to your Pre. If not, ...you most are most definitely missing out!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Hoping for KeePass for webOS at some point.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    arent most of them expiring soon? like at the end of this month, which is the reason to why i havent installed them
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Several are available via Homebrew apps: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps

Depends if you're loading HomeBrew apps and patches to your Pre. If not, ...you most are most definitely missing out!
    Thanks for the reminder. I have tried some HomeBrew apps and I did look at Keyring. I'm now thinking I may not have been in developer mode at the time! (Still quite new to this).

I'll take a look again tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    arent most of them expiring soon? like at the end of this month, which is the reason to why i havent installed them
    If you mean SecuStore, it is in the app catalogue and expires every month to be replaced by a new version. I suspect this is so they can charge once that becomes possible without the problem of loads of legacy free users. I'm using that after losing access to SplashID, I just hope they don't start charging before we get paid apps in March.
    I use keyring,have been since it became available
    no probs whatsoever and it's never expired on me yet!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    I use keyring,have been since it became available
    no probs whatsoever and it's never expired on me yet!
    Thanks. Managed to get this installed and working tonight - seems good.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Does anybody know of one which allows backup to a PC in a form which can be decrypted without the Palm?

I used to use GNU Keyring on PalmOS, and while it didn't sync (which I don't need), somebody had produced a desktop program that could read its data files. This meant that if I lost my Palm, I would still have access to my passwords etc until I was able to replace it.

All the WebOS solutions that I've seen so far are lacking any way to do this, meaning that at best I would be without this information until my phone was replaced and I was able to restore the backed-up info on to it. I'm not prepared to risk that!

Thanks
    SafeBox Trial allows you to back up. The app lets you send an email to yourself with your information encrypted and hashed. All you have to do to restore is copy the email into your clipboard and choose restore in the app. I tried it when I got a new pre recently (my fault I dropped my pre). Full version will hopefully be available from wednesday.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalild View Post
    SafeBox Trial allows you to back up. The app lets you send an email to yourself with your information encrypted and hashed. All you have to do to restore is copy the email into your clipboard and choose restore in the app.
    But that does't provide a way to view the information *without a Pre*. If I lose or break my phone, I need to be able to access my passwords before I have a replacement.

hmm, wonder if installing the emulator would help here...