Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I think the one I use the most has defo got to be the LED Notification flash.. I have no idea why Palm don't just uncomment there code as you still have the option to turn it on or off !

The other thing I use alot is I add a contact to the speed dial.. So if I add home as #2. All I need to do to call home is slide open my pre and press and hold #2.. top tip that :-)

So what's your fav patch ? I'm sure Palm read these forums so it might help them include it.
    Landscape views. Hidden launcher. Virtual keyboard.
    LED notifications and Multibrowser Mod is my top two.
    Battery icon and percent.

Before this patch, I was always dragging the upper right menu down to check the battery level.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Necessary:
    Enable Add/Delete Pages, Select Alert and Notifications, Disable Charging Alert sound, hide Nascar and NFL Apps, Default to Month View.
    Palm really needs to implement these ones. Users definitely should have the option to control certain notifications and being forced to have certain apps on your phone is ridiculous.

Luxury:
    Virtural Keyboard. I could get by without this one as I don't use it consistently, but its a very nicely done patch and when I do use it, I'm happy its there.

Enable add/delete pages is my most important patch. I wish they would combine this with how the old palm OS would classify its launcher pages as system, utilities, games etc. which is essentially how I use it now just without the labels. Being able to label or classify a page would be nice.
    Probably the launcher and top bar patches -- 4 x4 icons (v. 3), add pages to launcher, date and battery percentage in top bar, named pages in launcher; also LED notifications.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post

The other thing I use alot is I add a contact to the speed dial.. So if I add home as #2. All I need to do to call home is slide open my pre and press and hold #2.. top tip that :-)
    t.
    whats the advantages of this patch compare to default speed dial?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Battery icon and percent.

Before this patch, I was always dragging the upper right menu down to check the battery level.
    +1 to that. That's the most important one to me and should definately be added by Palm.

Other important ones that definately make this a much better system to me are Enable Add/Delete Pages, Disable Charging Alert Sound, Add Date, 4X4 Icons, Wrap Pages, and Landscape Email.
    [QUOTE=qst4;2160969]Necessary:
    Enable Add/Delete Pages, Select Alert and Notifications, Disable Charging Alert sound, hide Nascar and NFL Apps, Default to Month View.
    Palm really needs to implement these ones. Users definitely should have the option to control certain notifications and being forced to have certain apps on your phone is ridiculous.

Luxury:
    Virtural Keyboard. I could get by without this one as I don't use it consistently, but its a very nicely done patch and when I do use it, I'm happy its there.

Enable add/delete pages is my most important patch. I wish they would combine this with how the old palm OS would classify its launcher pages as system, utilities, games etc. which is essentially how I use it now just without the labels. Being able to label or classify a page would be nice.[/QUOTE]

I think there is a patch to do this now.
    I use a ton of patches, but the only ones that I really couldn't live without are the reset scroll position and reset to middle page patches: they make navigation to apps much easier.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    4x4 icons, add pages to launcher and SmartReflex 500
    1) LED Notification. Especially when I have my phone on silent.
    2) Battery/ percent Icon on top bar. I' m so paranoid about my battery running out. It is nice not to have to touch the screen to see my percentage.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Of course LED notification, and Character count.
    I use a lot of them but the top 5 are
    LED Notiication
    Silencing the end call alert
    4x4 Icons
    Delete from Notification
    Enable add/delete pages
    Last edited by lopezpm; 01/18/2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Forgot Delete from Notification
    I love power button to end calls! Still waiting for the patch to get rid of the "Drag to unlock" screen. That would def be the most used!
    My absolute faves (I use a lot more than this, but can't live without these):

-LED Notification (it befuddles me how this is not automatically available from Palm!)
    -4x4 icons v.3
    -Character Counter
    -Delete from Notification
    -Reset Launcher to first page
    -Device menu megamix

Thank you to the developers who make these patches available. You improve my WebOS enjoyment significantly. Mwah!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    sms tone per contact
    "My favorite isn't available yet but it allows my processor to run at 600 MHz without CPU or power scaling. My Pre has shown no issues at all with this even though it may be considered dangerous. Battery life isn't an issue as I have an extended battery anyway (2600) "

This one is out there but not as a patch, few commands through the terminal, my phone is running on 600 without scaling.

My most used patch is:

1- Delete from notification, I love this patch
    2- LED notifications
    3- 4x4 v2
    This is a very interesting question...I don't think I can pick 1. These are the patches that at this point I couldn't imagine not having:

1) LED Notification
    2) SMS Per Contact
    3) Battery icon + %
    4) Add Date
    5) Reset to first page. I'll probably change this to middle on next doctor
    6) 4x4 V3
    7) Delete from notification
    8) Add/Delete pages
    9) Flashlight in device menu
    10) Hide App Vendors

Thanks patchers!!! You guys ROCK!
    Smart Flex 600 is my favorite i have been using it since thanksgiving.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast