email/messaging landscape
    vkb
    device menu megamix
    4x4 v3
    gesture + tap to delete apps and for image/link menu in browser
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Close Slider to End Calls!

I either slide open my phone to answer a call and then can close it when I'm done, or I slide it open to type a name in universal search to call someone, then close when I'm done. This patch makes use of my phone flow so much better.
  3. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Call Block reject.

For over a year I have had a automated phone call my cell phone exactly every half hour. Does not happen every day but could start at anytime day or night and last for several hours. If I answer I hear computer generated tones. The caller ID on the call reads "6122" only so I can never call it back.

So by naming 6122 in my contacts as Do not answer, the call never rings or even appears on my phone. The only place I can see that I had the call is in my call history log. Now I can leave my phone on at night not worrying that I was going to be awaken by this menacing call.

BTW: Sprint would not block this call unless I had a court order. So this app was huge..
    Yeah, I have lots of patches too that I can't do without:

1) Power saving SR 500 patch (battery life no longer a problem)
    2) Hang up phone with power button, hang up phone by closing slider.
    3) 4x4 Icons v.3/Wrap Pages
    4) More standby times (set to never turn off when using on Touchstones in car/home)
    5) Notification repeat for both messaging and phone calls.
    6) SMS Tone per contact
    7) Date as carrier string, increased Font size 18 Green
    8) Dialpad tones off/Enable Dialpad Vibration/No Alert During Call
    9) Enable Landscape Email/Enable Landscape Messaging
    10 Charging Alert Vibrate Only (great for Touchstone Charger)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinamn2224 View Post
    LED notifications!!
    battery as percent
    add/delete pages
    email/messaging landscape
    vkb
    device menu megamix
    4x4 v3
    gesture + tap to delete apps and for image/link menu in browser
    just installed the Name Launcher Pages patch and it's fannnntastic. So I figured I'd add it to my list.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    No alert sound on charge and LED Notifications!
    It's hard to say what patch is "Most Used" since most of my patches affect how my screen looks, so I guess they would be "used" all the time. ha

So for most used, I'd have to say:

1.) Swipe to delete video - I guess I must be one of the few people using my Pre as a portable video device, since no one else said this. This has made my life a ton easier since I no longer have to remember what episode of the show I was watching I last watched, since I just delete the episode when I'm done watching, I know the next one is on the top of the list. This is especially helpful when the file names are so long that I can't even see the episode name or number on the Video List screen.

2.) LED Notifications - Obviously a great way to see if you've missed a notification without waking the device

3.) Landscape messaging/email/pdf/etc... + Virtual Keyboard - Since I'm watching videos in landscape almost all day at work, it's nice (especially with the new landscape notifications post 1.3.5) to be able to quickly respond to a text without ever changing the orientation of the phone.

4.) LED Flashlight in Device Menu - Already been a lifesaver several times. Great patch to have.

5.) Gesture + (various patches) - So much easier to clean up apps that I don't want, or to save wallpaper images from websites without ever having to open the keyboard.

As far as my favorite patches that are constantly in use, I would say:

1.) Date as Carrier string - Never once, in all the years I've owned a cell phone, have I had reason to glance at my screen to see what carrier I was with. I have needed to glance at the screen to see the date and time. haha

2.) Various launcher patches - I use 4X4 v3, No Labels, Hide Quick Launch in Launcher, Add/Delete pages & have added an almost transparent scrim (not a patch, just a file change I did myself), to make my Launcher look just the way I want it.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    LED notifications
    Launcher 4x4 v3
    Battery icon + percent -- I made my own version with 12px font and auto adjusting width.
    Hide roaming icon -- My carrier makes my phone think it's roaming when on 3G.
    Launcher reset to middle page

Those are five of the the most used patches on my Pre in no particular order. Of course, I have 25 other patches installed, so it's hard to say which are actually most used.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    LED notifications, Call Block/Rejecter, Data in Device Menu, Simple Shutter Sound Off, Clean Timestamps, and Unthrottle Download Manager.
    LED Notifications + Delete From Notifications, definitely. It's saved me from so much spam.
    My top 10 fav patches:
    1. The number one patch is LED notifications!! Can't imagine my Pre without it
    2. Improved Camera filename: Palm REALLY needs to fix this issue so that my pics don't keep overwriting themselves
    3. Battery icon and percent
    4. SMS Tone per contact
    5. 4x4 icons
    6. Enable/Delete Launcher pages
    7. Landscape email and SMS
    8. Virtual Keyboard
    9. Close slider to end call
    10. SMS timestamp

THANKS PATCHERS AND DEVS!!!!!
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I Loooooovvvee The call block/ reject patch. I can add annoying numbers to it and the phone never acknowledges them. I sleep in so much better now
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Wait, so I thought for some reason the LED notification was part of the 1.3.5 update. I uninstalled all my patches and theme and proceeded to update my phone with the 1.3.5 update and didnt install anything for a couple of hours after the install, but in that time I received a couple of messages and emails and the LED notification light would blink still despite having the patch removed. I still have it uninstalled and my light blinks on and off. Hmmm, something is up then. And here I was thinking that Palm had finally listened to our cries.

Best patches for me are:
    1.Sms tone per contact
    2.call block/rejecter
    3.read/delete all email
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Battery Icon as %
    Virtual Keyboard

Only 3 I have ever used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machjuan View Post
    Wait, so I thought for some reason the LED notification was part of the 1.3.5 update. I uninstalled all my patches and theme and proceeded to update my phone with the 1.3.5 update and didnt install anything for a couple of hours after the install, but in that time I received a couple of messages and emails and the LED notification light would blink still despite having the patch removed. I still have it uninstalled and my light blinks on and off. Hmmm, something is up then. And here I was thinking that Palm had finally listened to our cries.

Best patches for me are:
    1.Sms tone per contact
    2.call block/rejecter
    3.read/delete all email
    Once you've installed LED Notification, you don't need to keep the patch installed for the function to continue to work. Similar to the add/delete launcher pages patch. If you want to make changes to either, you need to re-install the patch.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    LED notifications and slide to end call. I never hear this phone ring,lol. But I usually see the led flash
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Lots of people seem to use the LED notification patch. When I tried it, it seemed to really decrease battery life. What have the people using it experienced with regard to battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    Lots of people seem to use the LED notification patch. When I tried it, it seemed to really decrease battery life. What have the people using it experienced with regard to battery life?
    I noticed no battery drain. I am willing to be it was a coincidence with something else killing your battery. LEDs take very little battery. Regardless, I'd recommend trying it again with only that change. Use Batter Monitor in preware to track your battery before and after.
    I'm using the battery percentage, 4X4 icon launcher view, added pages to the launcher, LED notifications and a few more. I got the virtual keyboard but, to be completely honest, I hate it. I'm so inaccurate with it. I'm so much faster and more accurate with the physical keyboard. I guess I don't need the messaging in landscape patch since I don't plan on using the virtual keyboard much.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Has to be:
    1. Enable Add / Delete Pages
    2. Named Pages in the Launcher
    3. Flashlight in Device Menu
    4. Battery Icon And Percent
    5. All the Hide app patches
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast