1.    #1  
    HI all, I have an interesting situation.

I am on with V. However, I cannot get a Pre Plus until July, since I need to have two years with my Centro. By that time, we should be very close to the new Sprint Pre. Then I will have the choice of staying in the same contract as my G/f, my Mom, both of my g/f's parents.

If Sprints is near release for their Pre Plus or what ever they will call it, I can compare them more or less side by side.

Has anyone heard what changes will be made to the Pre for Sprint and has anyone heard anything on C40, (I thinkthat was waht it was called).

Thanks Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I have not heard what Sprint will get from Palm, but I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a Pre plus within the next six months. Plus of course any new updates that Palm delivers between now and then. Will it be enough to bring an Verizon customer over to Sprint when it happens? Depends upon what Palm brings to Sprint. Don't forget that Palm is also wanting to deal with ATT. I wonder what Palm is developing for them!
    I would say wait it out. I came to learn to do this with Apple. If you think that there a chance that a much better phone will be released within 4-6 months after you can buy one wait it out and odds are you will be happy. There is a big chance that Palm will be releasing a new phone (aka the Pre2) ether June are on time for the holidays which usually September. However, there has been no other leeks or rumors that give any proof. But I highly doubt that Sprint will get the Pre Plus because of the exclusivity to Version. As far as the C40 on Sprint. That could very well be the next Pre, or to my knowledge. The Pre and Pixi's names have corrilations with the Pre and Pixi Plus's names. The C40 could ether be a Pre Plus or a new phone.

EDIT: Sprint will not be getting a Pre Plus or Pixi Plus because they are excusive to version. Therefore, that goes jusy over June when they would probually release a new phone.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I just hope Palm's marriage with Sprint, open or not, always favors big yellow.
    I'm curious as to what they would offer with the Palm C40... I just wanted better hardware, and the C40 would bring that.
    I agree with you. Palm had been working their heads off trying to get WebOS out for the Pre. Which is probually why the hardware isn't good. Now that that they have a more or less stable OS, Palm knows that inorder for them to jump they have to release a pretty beastly piece of hardware. I can just imagine it; 1 ghz processor, OLED screen, 5 meg camera, oh I amost forgot I will also cure Cancer!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  6.    #6  
    RENNAT, you mentioned OLED on your wish list posting. Before the Pre came out there was concept phone on the internet, that had a Pre sized phone, that had two doors on it, they work as barn doors, in other words, it has two doors that met in the middle of the front of the one. When you open it up, you have a double wide screen, since OLEDS are flexable. (I am sure renderings are still on web sites some place).

It has been many years, but I seemd to think, that the TV show Babylon 5, had "phones' like this. I belive they had sceens that actually unrolled. (I only mention it since, who would have thought when the orginal Star Trek aired, that we would have folding "communicators)"LOL.

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    A lot of exciting possibilities for Sprint coming up. Speculation includes possible partnership with Apple for the iPhone since AT&T contract is ending this year. Also the new HTC "Supersonic" is already making rumor waves. I think Palm is keeping the C40 as the ace up the sleeve though. Summer 2010 will have a bunch of options and I hope the C40 will be something that really sets WebOS above the sudden android domination
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I don't know, but I hope that Palm plans a higher resolution screen one to compete with Android. Personally I am not eager to get higher resolution, but that's the direction things are going. As long as the overall size do not increase dramatically, higher resolution will have a big appeal to people.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    I really hope that Sprint doesn't get left in the dark on this one. It would feel like a big slap in the face if they did that. Hopefully, come June, Sprint will have a 32GB version, a camera with true autofocus (although i'm not really complaining now), and a slightly better keyboard.
    All I can say is, please, no OLED. Those things are simply unreadable in bright light (such as, outdoors on a sunny day). One of the best things about the Pre's screen is how legible it is in sunlight.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Oops. Duplicate post somehow.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  12.    #12  
    Hi, all, this is not the concept phone I mentioned when I began this thread, however, this will do nicely, this is what I want the C40 to be:

Folding screen for mobile phones unveiled

take care, Jay
    I really wouldn't be surprised if sprint doesn't get a new phone from palm this summer. If my meory with the release of the treo series is correct palm liked to alternate devices with the big three carriers (Sprint, Verizon, AT&T). The Pre came to Sprint with 6 months of exclusivity. Then Pre Plus to Verizon again (I think with 6 months of exclusivity). I am going to assume until I hear otherwise from somone official that the next device is going to AT&T. I do think that Sprint could get the Pre Plus around June, but I doubt it would be the Pre 2, or a newer device leaving AT&T and the entire US GSM population out ofthe mix.

I switched from Verizon to Sprint to get my Pre ... And I love it. Best decision I have ever made. Even after the Pre Plus came out I wasn't unhappy. Great service where I am and the phone is great. But I'm just thinking that it wouldn't make business sense for Palm to release a new phone for sprint before releasing at least one for AT&T.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Talk here, listen here.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I went to activate a pre I bought for my wife on Saturday. As I was waiting for the phone to boot up I was talking with the sprint rep. I asked if palm had any new phones coming out on sprint. He said they did and it would be around the time that blackberry would be releasing their next phone. He didn't know anything about it, and he might have been making it up. It was king of interesting.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I think a lot of people will be disappointed when the next version of webOS device on Sprint is indeed a Pre 2 (or Plus). I guess it will have the same exact form factor and dimensions. They have a somewhat unique device that stands out from the pack of candy bar phones, just upgrade the hardware and roll with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi, all, this is not the concept phone I mentioned when I began this thread, however, this will do nicely, this is what I want the C40 to be:

Folding screen for mobile phones unveiled

take care, Jay
    hell to the no....