Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Will a Blackberry Mini USB charger work with a Pre without any damage being done? The cord that comes with the Pre is too short and my BB charger is plenty long.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I dunno, I used a Blue Ant car charger with mine, and after that the battery went all screwy. Wouldn't fully charge, drop charge fast, etc. I got a new battery and now I only use OEM with the silver dot. YMMV.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I have been using the blackberry mini usb charger every time I go away on trips. I've had no problems with it.
    also the samsung s5600 charger\usb cable works with the pre fine
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlw View Post
    Will a Blackberry Mini USB charger work with a Pre without any damage being done? The cord that comes with the Pre is too short and my BB charger is plenty long.
    I've done it and it works fine
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The Pre uses Micro USB not Mini. As long as whatever charger you are using is putting out 1 amp or 1000mAh, you should be fine. Many 850mAh chargers will work, but your milage may vary.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i just came back from london, and had to use my blackberry storm cable, and it worked.
    Not all chargers will work properly. I sent for some of those cheap chargers that were advertised to work with the Pre and they would not charge the phone or they would make the phone act strange (turn off & on and the touch screen would act erratic). The blackberry ones seem to have enough juice to run the phone. Same with the car chargers, if they don't have enough juice to run the phone they won't work at all.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!