Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    when i try to add my debit card to the app store so i can buy something i get error PMT02019 everytime. when i tried to a couple months ago i got a diffrent error but then it sent a $1 pennding charge anyone have any idea
    check to see if you enter the correct billing address. I know that happened to me when I switch address with my bank, but apparently for some sites I have to enter my original address from when I first opened the account.
    i use a debit card on mine. Mastercard. No problems.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Make sure your address matches the address associated with your bank account.

I had the same problem the first time I bought something. Forgot I had changed my bank account address and it wasn't accepting the old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    +1
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Slightly off the OP's question, but using a debit card online may not be the best practice. You're basically putting direct access to your checking account out there on the internet.

If there's ever a billing error (say you're billed $1000 instead of $10) that money is out of your checking account while it's disputed. Plus many other protections that are components of credit cards may not be available on your debit card.

Not insinuating anything against Palm, but it's just a risky practice.
    I am having the same problem with a debit or CC. I know I have the correct billing address.
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    Slightly off the OP's question, but using a debit card online may not be the best practice. You're basically putting direct access to your checking account out there on the internet.

If there's ever a billing error (say you're billed $1000 instead of $10) that money is out of your checking account while it's disputed. Plus many other protections that are components of credit cards may not be available on your debit card.

Not insinuating anything against Palm, but it's just a risky practice.
    As far as safety goes as long as your smart on which sites you use you don't have to worry.

Palm isn't going to make a mistake on this (it's been tested extensively and they know that a mistake like that could cost them a pretty penny in lawsuits.)

Additionally most debit cards have great fraud centers (credit unions may be a different story) and you'll eventually get all your money back, with credit cards it probably depends on the company but I've heard some pretty bad things...

As far as the real problem, are you sure your not over the limit on your debit card for the day? Many banks will set a 200-300 spending limit per card unless you ask to have it lifted. You might also make sure that your name is exactly the same as printed on the card (including middle name). Since the validation $1 appeared chances are it is your bank denying your card, you might want to call the number on the back of your card and see if they arn't thinking your card was stolen for some reason (for instance palm's center is in a different state, some banks will stop your card if it's used in multiple states)
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post

Additionally most debit cards have great fraud centers (credit unions may be a different story) and you'll eventually get all your money back, with credit cards it probably depends on the company but I've heard some pretty bad things...

I use my Visa debit card for all my online purchases. It DOES really depend on the bank you use though. I remember Blockbuster charged me $20+ bucks for a supposed subscription I had. I have never even opened a damn blockbuster account much less subscriped to their crappy service over Netflix. Anyway Wells Fargo gave me back my money ASAP and shutdown that debit card and sent me a new one ASAP with no questiosn asked. I have also heard horror stories regarding Credit cards.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I had a similar problem which was resolved by using my pin number as the password. I called Palm and they walked me through it.
    App store? I thought we had the App Catalog.. Maybe that's your problem...j/k
    my phone keeps saying that my card my be fraudulent, when it's not, so I haven't been able to buy apps since
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    App store? I thought we had the App Catalog.. Maybe that's your problem...j/k
    hhaha you know what i ment lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    my phone keeps saying that my card my be fraudulent, when it's not, so I haven't been able to buy apps since

well i got my problem fixed and i can verify that your info is wrong it has to be 100% perfect. like my name on palm was Dean Ray Jr ware my card wait Dean W Ray Jr. and i had to fix that. so check your address on fill and just because it gets sent to one address dose not mean that it is the one on your account. cause the one on my account was my old house but i still get my mail at the new house lol. So check that and let us know.
    I'm having a similar issue... And my address is verified 100% correct. Palm's tech support told me they didn't accept Visa Debit cards - has anyone had luck using (specifically) a VISA debit card?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveMax View Post
    I'm having a similar issue... And my address is verified 100% correct. Palm's tech support told me they didn't accept Visa Debit cards - has anyone had luck using (specifically) a VISA debit card?
    my visa debit works fine.
    make sure the information entered into the palm profile matches the account details exactly.
    It wouldn't matter if it is a debit card as long as it can be used for credit transactions and is a VISA or Mastercard. It could be a suspected fraud block if it's not an address/name issue.
    As I said - the info matches exactly, and I use my card for everything so I'm pretty sure it's not fraud-blocked...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Me, too...but mine's VISA....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I would give your bank representative a call. Don't automatically assume that Palm is at fault. There may be something going on with your card that you may not yet be aware of.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    I would give your bank representative a call. Don't automatically assume that Palm is at fault. There may be something going on with your card that you may not yet be aware of.
    I ruled that out first. My bank's the group that verified the address for me. The balance is fine, there's no hold... I mean, I'm not sure there's anything else I can check on my end. It must have something to do with how I'm entering the info, or with the way the info's being verified...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast