Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I think I may have posted this in the other thread:

The processor in the Pre is actually rated for 600Mhz, but due to low chip yields it was clocked at 500Mhz in the Sprint Pre. The WebOS Internalz guys had a patch a while back to clock it back up to 600Mhz, some units could not handle the speed increase and they died, so the Internalz guys pulled the patch.

Chances are good the "new" processor in the Sprint Pre is the same CPU with increased RAM onboard and better quality yields that allow it to run at the faster speeds.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    I think I may have posted this in the other thread:

The processor in the Pre is actually rated for 600Mhz, but due to low chip yields it was clocked at 500Mhz in the Sprint Pre. The WebOS Internalz guys had a patch a while back to clock it back up to 600Mhz, some units could not handle the speed increase and they died, so the Internalz guys pulled the patch.

Chances are good the "new" processor in the Sprint Pre is the same CPU with increased RAM onboard and better quality yields that allow it to run at the faster speeds.
    Supposedly the processor clocks at 600Mhz while playing any 3D games on the current Pre.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harold42483 View Post
    anyway anyone else have any thoughts on this
    Do you have a Pre yet? If not then I guess I understand you wanting to know which carrier will get the newest and best devices, though not really. What does it matter to you? Right now the Pre Plus would be considered the biggest and best. If it came out on Sprint and you had a Sprint Pre already you still couldn't upgrade without paying right now so you might as well pay to go to Verizon if you want.
    Verizon rep mistakenly said that PrePlus had a new processor on the video. Dieter checked with Palm and Palm confirmed that it is the exact same processor as the current Pre.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by harold42483 View Post
    While watching a video on youtube about the palm pre plus @ces 2010, i heard the girl showing off the phone say multiple times that it has a new processor. I find this very distrubing to us sprint pre's. Here is the link for the video:

You will here the girl mention it during the need for speed demonstration. She addresses it twice i believe: @ 1.54 the guy says palm does not specify the speed of the processor but it will be faster. @ 4.34-4.56 the girl points out the differences. including that the processor on the pre plus will be faster

I also have a great concern. Will sprint or Verizon be the flagship carrier for palm? Who will have the next webos device first? sprint? verizon? at&t? i called palm and sprint and they said they had no information on the subject. I want to be with the carrier who will get new webos devices first. I remember that @ ces2009 it was said that sprint would be the flagship carrier but with this whole verizon thing now idk?? anyone have any thought on either of these subject. thanks
    1. I beleive you mean the WOMAN demoing the phone.

2. I know Spirnt users are upset. However, every time you buy a pice of tech, it instanly becoems outdated. Thats the brakes!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hmm. most if not all the videos I've seen have different people in them saying that the processor is faster now in addition to mentioning the ram and storage increase. That's not saying that it's a new CPU but I wouldn't think it's to hard for them to clock it a little faster. However, All we can really say is, "We'll see."

Another funny thing is that I have been waiting for five months to get a new phone. Each month there's a new rumor of some new phone with better specs then the last coming in a month or two. First it's the Hero then the Eris, then the Droid then the passion, then the nexus, then the... So I keep holding off. Meanwhile I'm stuck with this crappy Samsung feature phone. I don't even really like Android but I keep getting side tracked by better hardware but when it all comes down to it, what I really want is a WebOS device. If I really think about it, a few more or less MHz isn't going to ruin that experience. If I really wanted to ultimate WebOS device, I should by all reason keep waiting until... Forever really. There's always going to be a new and better device on sitting on the drawing board. And, to be quite honest, the real WebOS device that I really want, Palm would never make because they will never make one with a Virtual keyboard. So, now seems as good a time as any.
    Perhaps then, 1.4 would overclock Sprint phones as well?
    Don't worry, Palm loves sprint. Anything they release will be put on Sprint before anything else. Sprint = Pre2
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12