Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I was checking my sprint bill online and I used 1.2gigs of data last month and was pretty surprised. I do listen to pandora a lot and will browse facebook and such on the phone. I also get a couple podcasts on it. I guess pandora must really burn thru the bandwidth! What are you all using, and have you gotten any warnings from sprint about using too much?
    I average about 3 gigs, and my wife about 500 mb. Pandora does use a lot... I download a ton of music as well.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I average about 4gigs/month, but I have gone over 5 a few times...highest was a little over 6. Despite sprints limit, it has never been an issue when I've gone over 5gb. But those times are few and far b/w
    I use Wifi at home primarily, but I regularly use over 1.5 Gigs of data per month. Everything that I have heard is that you are pretty good as long as you stay below 5 GBs. I'd imagine that would be a quite a task.

I don't think Sprint will get too upset unless you are consistently going over the 5GB limit...

Anyone here actually gone over 5GB?
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    what would sprint say if u used too much. it says unilmited. please use it less? or would thety let u go without an early trrminatiin fee?
    about 2.5 gb for me w/o tethering.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I typically use right around 5 gb/month without tethering. I've had months where I've gone all the way up to 20 gb/month with tethering (our home internet went down during finals week at school). They've never said anything
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    what would sprint say if u used too much. it says unilmited. please use it less? or would thety let u go without an early trrminatiin fee?
    The 5GB limit you hear people talk about is for the aircard (which is also advertised as unlimited till you read the fine print) Last year they called me 3 times to let me know they were going to start enforcing the 5gb limit and offered to let me out of the contract with out a termination fee. As Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile all have the exact same limit (and all advertise this limit as unlimited) there was no reason to cancel the contract. I have been more mindful since then and using wifi when I can. I know I have gone over 5GB a few times with out any additional charges or phones calls but I don't think it has ever been by very much.

The simply everything data plans for the phones does not say anything about a 5gb limit in the fine print but there is language about how they reserve the right limit you or even cancel your service so for the phones I think they are just going on a case by case basis. If you are a heavy user you could be getting a call from Sprint.

With 4 days left in the current billing period I am at about 1GB on my Pre and 4.5 GB on my aircard.

Once we get flash I will be able to do things like watch Hulu on the phone and will not need to worry as much about going over on the aircard.
    The most i have used is 62GB..I downloaded so many movies with tethering.. love my pre
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    The most i have used is 62GB..I downloaded so many movies with tethering.. love my pre
    did they hassle you about it ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod2505 View Post
    The 5GB limit you hear people talk about is for the aircard (which is also advertised as unlimited till you read the fine print) Last year they called me 3 times to let me know they were going to start enforcing the 5gb limit and offered to let me out of the contract with out a termination fee. As Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile all have the exact same limit (and all advertise this limit as unlimited) there was no reason to cancel the contract. I have been more mindful since then and using wifi when I can. I know I have gone over 5GB a few times with out any additional charges or phones calls but I don't think it has ever been by very much.

The simply everything data plans for the phones does not say anything about a 5gb limit in the fine print but there is language about how they reserve the right limit you or even cancel your service so for the phones I think they are just going on a case by case basis. If you are a heavy user you could be getting a call from Sprint.

With 4 days left in the current billing period I am at about 1GB on my Pre and 4.5 GB on my aircard.

Once we get flash I will be able to do things like watch Hulu on the phone and will not need to worry as much about going over on the aircard.
    ok sooo this guy is correct. I just called Sprint Care and asked them " is there a cap on the data usage with my plan which is the everything plan?" his answer was " air cards have a 5GB cap. Your phone does not." i said thank you have a nice day. sooo yes you can tether the hell out of your phone.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I'm guessing you don't have a home internet connection...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I haven't gone over 2 gigs yet. Usually always around a wifi hotspot..
    This month I have used the most ever. Thanks to a movie website that allows me to watch new releases(theater) on my PRE. I used just over 6gb, usually I use 2-3 gb.
    I'm guessing that with Flash around the corner, data usage will go up up up...
    2 maybe 3 gigs
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I usually only use 100-200 MB, since I'm on wifi almost all day at home, work, and school
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I average about 1.5G. That's with some Pandora and navigation. When I used Centro, I averaged about 80MB. To Pre definitely increased my data usage.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    650MB last month
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    2.5GB for me. I listen to streaming radio quite a bit.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast