1.    #1  
    I didn't know I had to uninstall all patches ect before I do the new up date. Could that be the reason why I can't update apps. The apps try to update. Fail then become unusable. I have tried everything. What do I do?
    Have you tried the Emergency Migration Helper in Preware? That did the trick for me
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    I had that same problem when I didn't uninstall my patches. When I tried to install a patch or app from the app catalog it would download but when it tried to install it, it prompted for me to restart the phone, even after I just restarted it. I had to use webOS doctor to clear my phone and then reattach my Palm profile and everything was back to normal, minus a few settings. You also have to re-download any patches and apps but all the data on my phone stayed on the phone. It wasn't that bad. Just a lesson for next time.
  4.    #4  
    what's webos doctor. How do I get it? Also so ursaying delete all extra apps and patches. Use the octor. Restart ad I'm good?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I used the reset function on the phone to reset the WebOS area. I lost some stuff but it reinstalls all of your official apps, resyncs to everything, etc. I then used Internals to reinstall Preware and then reinstalled the homebrew stuff. You'll need to do all of that after hitting the doctor but this may save you a step or 2 setting him up.

[edit] Be sure you run a backup before hand to make the process easier.
    Dang people need to know what they're doing when they start hacking their phones. Don't go screwing around with stuff if you don't know how to fix it if you mess up.
    Quote Originally Posted by krazygideon View Post
    what's webos doctor. How do I get it? Also so ursaying delete all extra apps and patches. Use the octor. Restart ad I'm good?
    You can find WebOS Doctor here : Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint

Make sure you do a backup first.

Then, run the Doctor, and you should be fine. WebOS Doctor no longer touches the /media partition, so your photos and music wont be affected.

Good luck!

8.    #8  
    thanks guys I'll let you knw how it works
    Just in case, take the opportunity to do a manual back up of you pictures and such. Also, do you use your Palm Profile for contacts? Not a bad idea to use google contacts