Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering if it is worth it. Looks like a used Pre is going for $200 on Craigslist. $7x24 is $168. Plus deductibles. Hmmmm
    Yup, I just want peace of mind that if anything happens, I can get it replaced no worries. Had to do it already because of the stuck in headphone mode.
    Yes I do and have always had insurance on ALL my past smartphones. My wife's less costly phone I do not have insurance on.
    Like anything though it comes down to if you think you will not loose, break or damage it during your contract. Then like you said you can get a used one for around 200.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Just wondering if it is worth it. Looks like a used Pre is going for $200 on Craigslist. $7x24 is $168. Plus deductibles. Hmmmm
    I carry the insurance, and you will get both pro's and con's on doing so, but what if the Pre goes for a swim in month 3 of my contract? I am also a Premier customer of sprint, & I'll upgrade again in June, so it's 12x7=$84. Even with the deductible, it's worth it for peace of mind to me. Additionally, when you carry insurance Sprint will often just replace the phone in their repair centers, and you don't have to file a claim (which I have never done), and I have had the insurance on my Palms sine the 650.
    Yes, and it came in handy ($100 is a lot better than $450) because in July, a month after I got the Pre on launch day, I was mugged and my phone was stolen! I was glad to have bought insurance on it because I had not insured any of my previous phones.
    Absolutely! I have had the ins since about 3 phones ago. Came in the most handy, when a NYC taxi ran over my backpack and cracked the screen on my Centro. Got a new one pronto, $50 bucks, well worth it, and the peace of mind. At the time they did not even make me send back the broken one..

PS to the story, about a month or so after I got my Pre, Sprint was running a buy back program, they TOOK my broken sprint, and gave me a $50 credit for it, All is good.

Insurance SOO worth it.
    Yes I do.

My buddy is too, and he's very happy that he did opt for the insurance. He has had 3 Touch Pros....all of them with multiple issues, but all had one common issue....the keyboard died. He was over at my place when the keyboard on his current phone took a dive, and he said "great, back to sprint I go for another one of these". He was also considering "upgrading" to a Hero, which meant spending 179 bucks on that thing. Instead I told him, call Sprint, tell your sad story to whoever you get on the line and move your way up the ladder. Sure enough, he made it to escalations, and there he was offered a Pre as a replacement phone. So they shipped him a Pre within 48 hours, he didn't have to use his upgrade, and didn't have to pay a thing!

If you don't have insurance, you have to go to a Sprint Store that has a tech department, they first evaluate your phone for abuse before sending you another one.

My other friend just got a Pixi....a week later, the screen got smashed in a mishap. Had she not had insurance......

Yeah, it's 7 bucks a month, but it sure is worth it when life happens and your shiny new phone gots reduced to a pile of crap.
    If ya break it down, its less than sofa change of about .23 cents a day..
    Can you add insurance at anytime.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    I think you can only add insurance within 30 days of purchasing a new phone.
    webOSroundup - App Reviews, News and More
    No I don't. Never have.
    Palm has replaced any phone for me in the past.
    And actually my launch day Pre, I dropped like 5 times but kicker was when my Pre fell between my driver seat and my friend drove the powerseat over the front. No touchscreen... big scratch across front and Sprint replaced it under warranty.

For other things, I got an $8K rider on my home insurance for all cameras, computers and handheld pda devices. for $34 a year. USAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    ....Premier customer of sprint, & I'll upgrade again in June, so it's 12x7=$84......
    That's right. I never though about that or in that manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    For other things, I got an $8K rider on my home insurance for all cameras, computers and handheld pda devices. for $34 a year. USAA
    You ever try filing under that rider? I want to know how much they jack up your overall rate afterwards...I bet they can't wait for you to file a claim, if you haven't done so yet.
    I view the $7/month both as insurance and a way to avoid hassle. You're basing your comparison on only having to replace the device once per year. I believe you can use the insurance twice within a year. It used to be they would drop you upon the 2nd replacement, but now I think they drop you upon the 3rd replacement. By having the insurance, I think the techs at the store usually go more out of their way to fix the phone. The one thing the techs generally aren't tolerant of at all is what they perceive as "water damage". I could have been sweating and there might be a little moisture inside the battery cover, and they won't touch the phone, but instead tell me I need to use insurance. Often when the moisture has gone, the phone works again and I discover that no repair at all was actually needed. The insurance is also nice. Even if you misplace your phone, you can get another for $100.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    yes I do, and only for the fact that it's shaped like a skipping stone and can right out of a pocket...... Or a truck lol (see post ''i lost my pre'') lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Yup, I just want peace of mind that if anything happens, I can get it replaced no worries. Had to do it already because of the stuck in headphone mode.
    They should have replaced that without insurance. They replaced mine free of charge when that happened to me. I am getting my third one tuesday. The one I have now the battery is overheating.
  17.    #17  
    how do u know its overheating? all pres get hot?
    I have it on the Pre and I had it on the 755 because there were so many reports of the phones failing. I've never had to use it tho.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Yup have insurance. Used it once already after partying too hard one evening and waking up to a cracked and unusable screen. Paying $100 was pretty lame however I got my phone quickly and was much better then coughing out twice to four times that amount.

I'd say its absolutely worth it.
    I have had insurance on every smartphone I have ever had... I have never had to use it. I guess I am just subsidizing all y'all.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast