Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    You ever try filing under that rider? I want to know how much they jack up your overall rate afterwards...I bet they can't wait for you to file a claim, if you haven't done so yet.
    It's USAA, they don't "jack" anyone over their rates for claims. If you abuse the insurance, they drop you like any other company would. But if you file a legit claim, they simply pay it out and your rates are not affected. USAA is one of the best insurance companies available.

Oh, and yes, I have filed two claims through them for PDA's. One an old M515, and the other a Centro.
    I have never carried insurance and never will. It's a total waste of money why pay the 7$ a month so when the phone breaks have to pay the $100 deductible. So If I own my phone for 2 years and it breaks I'm out $268 I'll just buy another phone. I have never owned a phone more than a year and if the phone breaks being a manufacture problem the phone gets replaced no matter what. If I break the phone which I have before I just walk into a sprint store and they will make you pay $100 for a new phone without insurance I have done it on two different occasions.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Just wondering if it is worth it. Looks like a used Pre is going for $200 on Craigslist. $7x24 is $168. Plus deductibles. Hmmmm
    Good find! I've been a little concerned about not getting the insurance this time but just checked my local Craigslist and saw plenty of Pre's for sale for as low as $100. I feel better now!
    I've seen a sprint rep fix a stuck headphone jack for another customer in like 30 seconds. The customer dude was (under his skin) riveting mad at me when I (another lowly customer) agreed with the sales rep that usually it's just a piece of lint or similar that was stuck and that his phone would be fine. I just call them like I see them. I've coached others customers the other way too (for instance, while waiting in for repairs).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I used to not carry insurance, but on my daughter's previous phone (Verizon Chocolate), the first week after she got it she dropped into the ocean, even a no frills cheap flip phone was 160 dollars. S##t happens and these new smartphones are almost 600 dollars to replace.
    I don't have it but I thought it had a 1 year warranty for defects. Won't Palm replace it if there is a defect in the phone (not user damage)
    Yes you don't need insurance if the phone has a defect.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    I don't see the need for it. The Sprint store will sell you a referb for $120 which is only $20 more then it costs to replace the phone with TEP. For every thing else you have a full hardware warenty for 1 year from Palm.
    For the first time ever on a cell phone. Lost a phone from my side pocket while riding my motorcycle last Summer, could have saved some money on replacement. Figure it could easily happen again, not too mention so many other oddball things I have done to phones throughout the years.
    Just wondering if it is worth it. Looks like a used Pre is going for $200 on Craigslist. $7x24 is $168. Plus deductibles. Hmmmm
    Absolutely!! Much better than committing fraud like all those people who have damaged their Pre after the 30 days and taking it in to claim a manufacturer's defect and trying to get Sprint or Palm to replace it for free.
    Insurrance is only worth it for the first few months. After that your still paying 7 a month and 100 deductible for not a new phone! A refurbished phone! Theres a big difference. A refurbished phone is not the same price as a new palm pre. You couldve bought that refurbished phone with the insurrance money after your 2 years paying $7 a month anyway. BUT! the $100 deductible will mean your getting ripped. I dont carry insurrance. I also have never broken my phone. If it does fall in the ocean or get lost someday. I've had it from launch and will spend my saved $7 per month since then and $100 deductible on an upgrade.
    Wow I havent seen this posted once in this thread.. Just yes yes yes to TEP... You should just get the 4$ ERP which entitles you to only the asurion coverage. I first chat to Sprint and tell them I dont want to pay the $100 deductible (like I just did on Friday) and the chat has the authority to cover that fee. You just explain to them the phone is within a year and you dont believe you should have to pay for a replacement. So you just call asurion, get a replacement, and then use your saved chat with Sprint (so you dont have to worry about account notations) and then just chat back and have them cover the replacement fee. This is why I love Sprint, and this is why I will stick with them.

Ive done this numerous times. No lying, or deceiving, just being honest and like I said Sprint chat doesnt have the authority to do much, they do have the authority to do this though. When I had my crappy instinct i did the same thing to cover the 50$ deductible.

My phone btw is used so much lol, the S key is starting to not register when i hit it and the screen is fraying at the top. Its just looking weathered and beaten up. Fresh device Monday ready to be tweaked!

4$ ERP is the WAY to GO!
    Last edited by LeaninBack916; 01/17/2010 at 03:05 PM.
    Sprints $100 deductible +7 a month kinda sucks... but we do pay at LEAST $20 less a month in plan prices
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Sprints $100 deductible +7 a month kinda sucks... but we do pay at LEAST $20 less a month in plan prices
    Great point.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaninBack916 View Post
    Wow I havent seen this posted once in this thread.. Just yes yes yes to TEP... You should just get the 4$ ERP which entitles you to only the asurion coverage. I first chat to Sprint and tell them I dont want to pay the $100 deductible (like I just did on Friday) and the chat has the authority to cover that fee. You just explain to them the phone is within a year and you dont believe you should have to pay for a replacement. So you just call asurion, get a replacement, and then use your saved chat with Sprint (so you dont have to worry about account notations) and then just chat back and have them cover the replacement fee. This is why I love Sprint, and this is why I will stick with them.

Ive done this numerous times. No lying, or deceiving, just being honest and like I said Sprint chat doesnt have the authority to do much, they do have the authority to do this though. When I had my crappy instinct i did the same thing to cover the 50$ deductible.

My phone btw is used so much lol, the S key is starting to not register when i hit it and the screen is fraying at the top. Its just looking weathered and beaten up. Fresh device Monday ready to be tweaked!

4$ ERP is the WAY to GO!
    huh, explain a little more please? Thanks What does the chat say?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I wasn't going bother with insurance but after having to replace the Pre twice in the first 30 days I thought it quite prudent. Haven't had any issues with the third (3 months now) but nice to know I have piece of mind.
    The Pre is my first smartphone, got the insurance for the first time, mostly out of paranoia
    First time I've gotten the insurance, as well. Also mostly out of paranoia (great way to put it toymechanic). So far I haven't needed it (never did with previous phones, either), but for some reason I feel better having it.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Great point.

huh, explain a little more please? Thanks What does the chat say?
    Often times when you paid the deductable on an insurance replacement, you could call or contact e-care, "play the violin" about your situation and they'd credit you the $50 deductable to your account.

Not so sure they'd do it now that isurance is $100 deductable.
    I have insurance on both the Pre's on my account but I am thinking of dropping it.

I heard there was a change in the in-store services offered which was the big reason I got the insurance in the first place. Wasn't there a $25 fee or something to look at a phone or service it in store, even under warranty? If you had the $4 ERP or the $7 total insurance package you didn't have to pay it.

I heard they dropped that and will do warranty service in store w/o the fee now. Can someone verify that?

If that is the case, $7 a month for insurance w/ a $100 deductible is not worth it. $7 a month for in-store service and insurance is ok. It was a much better deal when the deductible was $50.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    I paid $7 for insurance on all my phones and my broadband cards.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast