Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i have looked and looked thru these forums for a solution but nothing has worked for me.

When i plug in my pre it goes straight to charging. there is no usb icon on the bottom left like there should be. As a result i cannot even doctor my pre because my computer wont recognize it. I cant find drivers for the pre or anything like that.

I have tried restarting novacom, reboot pre and laptop, and am out of options and patience.

someone please help!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Try this to get your phone to USB mode and doctor:
    1. Plug the USB cable to the charger, charger inserted.
    2. Remove the battery from the Pre.
    3. Hold down the up volume button off to the side.
    4. Put the battery back into the Pre.
    5. Insert the USB cable to the Pre. (should see a large USB logo on the screen)
    6. Can release the up volume button now.
    7. Run the webOS doctor
    8. Plug the USB cable to the PC and Pre when the webOS doctor prompts for it.
    9. Hit next to doctor the phone

Hopefully this fixes your issue.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    is there a way to fix this without having to doctor?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I'm not sure. Do you have any preware patches installed? There was one that bypassed USB but if you dont have that installed, I don't know what could be causing your issue. Sorry Anyone else have a suggestion?
    Its probably your cable. Exact same thing happened to me. I got a new cable, bam everything is working normal now. You can get them for like 5$ on ebay or drive to a Sprint store and they'll give you 1 for free.
    It's the cable. I bought a bunch on ebay (cheap ones) some worked some didn't. A few months later the only cable that works when I hook to the laptop is the original Palm cable.