Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I've really never had much in the way of problems with them in the St. Louis/ St. Charles, MO area. Been with them since Sprint's giant first digital phone. I will say that what happened the other day didn't make me any too happy. Especially when the future company CEO who was the manager of the company store located at Cave Springs insisted on giving me the weak explanation she did about waiting your turn. For one I spent 45 mnutes the night before waiting. And then when it was supposedly fixed it wasn't. Another 15 minutes to get the time to be correct. I had a bad feeling. When the phone totally self destructed the next morning I just wanted to drop it off since it was now in the middle of my busy business day. They told me I had to wait to even turn the phone in. I told them I had waited the night before. Nothing. Get the manager.

They did. Now I never asked to be put ahead. I just figured a manager could correct me sitting in their the night before and place it in que behind whoever was there already and I could come back later. But no, she started the lecture series on how wrong it was to promote me ahead of the other people and how she would surely lose my phone if she allowed me to give it to her so I could continue running my business. How do you lose a phone giving it to the manager with your information? I thought that's why you occasionally ask for a manager. It's one thing to have company policy quotes. It's quite another to fabricate reasons that aren't even slightly believable. I'd like to think there should have been a way to take a look at the previous days activities and not just sit there and lecture a guy who's already put up with their incompetance once.

I'd like a few other opinions so I can further respond. Oh yea... It took them another hour but then they decided they couldn't fix it. Total time the secont time. 11:45 to 1:01PM. Thanks Sprint.

Thanks.. Guvner..
    Last edited by Guvner; 01/17/2010 at 01:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I don't think it would've been smart to just leave it with the manager. Maybe she could have found a better way to say it, but if there was a lot of business going on I think she was right in telling you it might get lost. There are other pieces to the story I don't understand, but if it were me, I would just follow whatever their protocol is, so if something does get screwed up, its on them. I can appreciate your frustration, but imagine how it would be if the phone did get lost.
    I agree with GST. If she had taken your phone and placed it on her desk with the intention of getting to it at some point, but during the day somehow it was taken off her desk, the loss of your phone would have been her responsibility. Their is to help but not to babysit your phone. You just have to go back in when you have time to wait.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    +1
    Who is Everyone?
    Sure we all all have a problem now and then but I for one am happy that there is an option for a service while waiting at the moment you walk in. Try that with anything else. Sprint attempts to help you as fast as they can be it with hardware or service. There are some that fall through the cracks yet try ATT or "V". I for one am VERY happy with sprint as I think most are when looking at it in this context.
    Ah, it just depends on the people. I went into a sprint store yesterday and asked for a USB data cable because mine was faulty, the guy went in the back, came back and was like, "I'm really sorry we don't have any right now, but otherwise we'd just give them to you for free". He then told me to go to another nearby Sprint store because they could give me one. I went to the store he told me about, and when I got there, I met a really impatient guy who tried to ignore me and acted like I had no idea what I was talking about. (I'll admit, I'm not even 16, and I look like a little kid, but still, I knew more about phones them him it seemed like) He told me I'd have to bring my phone and cable into a repair center to figure out the problem. I told him I already knew what the problem was, my phone was fine, the only thing wrong was my faulty cable. (I knew this because I had already used a friend's cable and it worked fine with my phone, which I explained to him) He then made a ridiculous analogy (treating me like I was 5) about how you can't just take a car into a car shop and ask them for a new car. Finally, he told me to go to the previous Sprint store I was at so that they could figure out my problem and I'd be able to get my phone fixed. At that I just walked out. I'm just going to order one online :\
    i almost never hear people who have sprint say anything other than that they love them. i can see why the manager did not want to risk losing your phone for you, but i can also see how she might have been able to take it and pass it off to the repair guy. then again, it's not her fault that you tried to stop in and go there when you really didn't have time to deal with it. sometimes it takes a while to fix devices, or to even figure out what's wrong with them. i can understand your frustration, especially since you had spent time on it the day before, but that's just kind of the nature of the beast.
    i can't even make sense of that poorly written post.

is it a question?

a comment?

a rant?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Apparently you guys don't do anything but work for someone else and don't mind waiting. I probably lost about $300 in time alone plus the customers who called Sprints lousy service costed me.

I would have thought at least one of you might have offered a solution other then to butter up the lousy service with exclamations on what great service I got and how easily the manager, yea.. I said the "manager" might have lost my phone. To be absolutely honest I am looking at your post count and wondering if some of you are just another happy to be a member of the Sprint community that sees no evil and probably are part of the reason they don't see a thing wrong with just another Sprint problem.

Let me give you a clue from a business standpoint. First you see the problem. Secondly you offer suggestions other then the manager might have lost your phone. I'd rather it be on them. How freaking weak a statement. And there was one regular poster that was just grateful they'd fix his phone no matter how often he had to wait. I guess he is not big on competant help as he doesn't mind the second trip from what I gathered.

Thirdly you might want to come up with a solution or at least an idea that might stop Sprint from bleeding more customers which if you haven't been looking is happening all the time. Here's an idea, but it's mine. How about a color or code word of the day. When you get a phone fixed after waiting your 45 minutes to an hour if you have to come back that day or the next you simply repeat the code to the greeter and they give you a form to fill out. You then can leave your phone, hiding it from the manager so she doesn't lose it on you and then you check back in an hour or two if you can afford to be without your phone. (You're losing it for 30 to 60 minutes anyway you might as well go to a wholesale house and pick up parts anyway if you're being forced to wait.)

The key phrase here is you've already waited. But apparently none of you so far see any problems here. I guess there's a job awaiting in upper management at a Sprint Store near you.

That's it for me... Just wanted to see what I was surrounded with.

Guvner..
    You have got to be kidding. You are yelling AT us. Maybe the manager could have helped you better but come on. It is just after the holidays, Everyone else is important too, and we are lucky that we can even get same day service on ANYTHING. If your phone and time are that important then maybe you should have an older, spare phone that you can have switched over by a simple phone call. Then there is no rush. Next write a da-gone letter or contact sprint CS on the phone and let them know how you feel. Letting us know about your issue maybe informative/venting but we can do nothing about it. If you don't make it known to Sprint CS or Retentions then it will go nowhere. Just make the call. Please. And let us know how it works out.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Exactly why did you answer if you didn't actually have an answer genius?

Oh.. And "everyone" would be the huge following reporting on Sprints poor customer service. (which you might be surprised I don't actually see a problem with other then what can happen to you when you bang into bad service and even worse service procedures backing up the bad service.)

Now quit getting insulted by anything slightly anti-Sprint. You don't own the company, you'll never own the company.

I asked for input and said I'd follow it up? Are you that clueless to be moderating this and come back with that? I was complaining about the answers that failed to address problem one. That part did include your answer or version of an answer.

So far I've only seen sheep. It would have been ok if I'd have seen a little bit of give and take but it appeared to me like nothing but warm and fuzzy. I guess I can't believe my ears. Now run along and let people that have opinions have their say. We got yours. You don't like anything slightly anti-Sprint on your forum. I got it.
    Hey Guvner,
    I know how you feel and it would have been great if the employee or the manager was willing to recognize your situation and come up with an expedient solution, but perhaps you should also consider if there are other ways to mitigate such problems in the future. Perhaps Sprint (or another carrier) might offer a business account that is more tuned to your needs. If not, slipping the manager a $50 for her trouble would have been cheaper than you missing whatever is so important that you do. Yes, my expectation also was that they should have just let you drop it off, but when you realized that wasn't going to happen, you should have expressed your dissatisfaction and figured out what the next best thing to do was: either coming back later when you had time, getting a temporary prepaid phone for such emergencies, or whatever. The other thing you could have done was simply add another line with a new phone and then simply return it before 30 days. You already know (as a businessman) that you need to minimize time sinks like the one you ran into. You also should know that sometimes you need to me more creative than the people you are dealing with. Show some business acumen and figure it out, damnit! If Sprint does not have a business class plan for you, look into Verizon. Think of this snafu as an opportunity to eliminate this sort of risk again down the road!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvner View Post
    Apparently you guys don't do anything but work for someone else and don't mind waiting. I probably lost about $300 in time alone plus the customers who called Sprints lousy service costed me.

Let me give you a clue from a business standpoint.

Guvner..
    *Just to qualify my next statement: I dont know which type of account you have. I have been a business customer of theirs for 12 years and dont know what level of service any phone retail stores have.

What I do expect: If you are running a business on a retail account you get what you pay for. If you expect business level response you should have a business Sprint account. One phone call to business CSR and I have a replacement phone over-nighted no questions asked and put the old phone in the box. I always keep my prior phone on hand in case I need to do an ESN switch as a failover for lost / broken phones.

As far as TVM goes, posting/reading a forum for emotional support has an impact on that as well.
    Last edited by zonyl; 01/17/2010 at 02:31 PM.

I would have thought at least one of you might have offered a solution other then to butter up the lousy service with exclamations on what great service I got and how easily the manager, yea.. I said the "manager" might have lost my phone. To be absolutely honest I am looking at your post count and wondering if some of you are just another happy to be a member of the Sprint community that sees no evil and probably are part of the reason they don't see a thing wrong with just another Sprint problem.

Let me give you a clue from a business standpoint. First you see the problem. Secondly you offer suggestions other then the manager might have lost your phone. I'd rather it be on them. How freaking weak a statement. And there was one regular poster that was just grateful they'd fix his phone no matter how often he had to wait. I guess he is not big on competant help as he doesn't mind the second trip from what I gathered.

Thirdly you might want to come up with a solution or at least an idea that might stop Sprint from bleeding more customers which if you haven't been looking is happening all the time. Here's an idea, but it's mine. How about a color or code word of the day. When you get a phone fixed after waiting your 45 minutes to an hour if you have to come back that day or the next you simply repeat the code to the greeter and they give you a form to fill out. You then can leave your phone, hiding it from the manager so she doesn't lose it on you and then you check back in an hour or two if you can afford to be without your phone. (You're losing it for 30 to 60 minutes anyway you might as well go to a wholesale house and pick up parts anyway if you're being forced to wait.)

The key phrase here is you've already waited. But apparently none of you so far see any problems here. I guess there's a job awaiting in upper management at a Sprint Store near you.

Guvner..
    What???
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Thanks for the answer Zony...

I do have an account manager in Florida but until yesterday anytime I've had a problem I was able to go into a store and get it resolved. I went at 5:30Pm the night before I lost my phone completely so it wouldn't affect much during the day. They've always given me a replacement phone when it couldn't be fixed so I was not totally unaware of the circumstances.

I do require the phone 24 hours and keep both a PPC-6700 and a Motorola Q9C around in case. I was just blown away at being called impolite when I already had waited. I sure thought they needed a better system. In fact that was what I was hoping for in suggestions here. Instead so far I've mostly gotten something a bit different...

I'm not against Sprint. I'm hoping a Sprint rep sees a suggestion and takes some action. I've started copying and pasting though in case the guys here have the pull to take down things they don't like and then I'll just put it up by itself. I do have a server on my other business and that's not exactly a hard trick.

G..
    Exactly why did you answer if you didn't actually have an answer genius?

Oh.. And "everyone" would be the huge following reporting on Sprints poor customer service. (which you might be surprised I don't actually see a problem with other then what can happen to you when you bang into bad service and even worse service procedures backing up the bad service.)

Now quit getting insulted by anything slightly anti-Sprint. You don't own the company, you'll never own the company.

I asked for input and said I'd follow it up? Are you that clueless to be moderating this and come back with that? I was complaining about the answers that failed to address problem one. That part did include your answer or version of an answer.

So far I've only seen sheep. It would have been ok if I'd have seen a little bit of give and take but it appeared to me like nothing but warm and fuzzy. I guess I can't believe my ears. Now run along and let people that have opinions have their say. We got yours. You don't like anything slightly anti-Sprint on your forum. I got it.
    Um, are you ok?
    you're impolite here so i can easily believe youre an impolite blowhard in real life.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Great answer Clancy.. I did just sit and deal with it at the Sprint Store.

I just told myself I'd post about it here later in detail and did. That was my way of getting my story out. If no one takes initiative then I'll vote with my money next time and try some other service out.

I probably should have thought about the American Express card and a new 28 day phone though. With a few more good answers Sprint might have thought there was a better way of doing things. With the answers I got here though my guess is that they will think their customers are already programmed to deal with it.

I'll say this one more time. I think in the St. Louis area and maybe the entire U.S. it's quite possible that Sprints service on a bad phone is best. Their problem seems to be once they have a bad technician or possibly an intermittant problem that the tech can't catch intertwines with a really bad procedure. They either don't have a way to fix it or don't have people that want to fix it. Either way they lose.

Hmmmm... 28 day phone huh... G..
    Great answer Clancy.. I did just sit and deal with it at the Sprint Store.

I just told myself I'd post about it here later in detail and did. That was my way of getting my story out. ...
    You did, just be ready to take some flack too!
    I agree being impolite was not nice, if you get time, mention that to your business account rep (or by calling *2 sometime while on your way home).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    you're impolite here so i can easily believe youre an impolite blowhard in real life.
    i agree with you 100%
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I've really never had much in the way of problems with them in the St. Louis/ St. Charles, MO area. Been with them since Sprint's giant first digital phone. I will say that what happened the other day didn't make me any too happy. Especially when the future company CEO who was the manager of the company store located at Cave Springs insisted on giving me the weak explanation she did about waiting your turn. For one I spent 45 mnutes the night before waiting. And then when it was supposedly fixed it wasn't. Another 15 minutes to get the time to be correct. I had a bad feeling. When the phone totally self destructed the next morning I just wanted to drop it off since it was now in the middle of my busy business day. They told me I had to wait to even turn the phone in. I told them I had waited the night before. Nothing. Get the manager.

They did. Now I never asked to be put ahead. I just figured a manager could correct me sitting in their the night before and place it in que behind whoever was there already and I could come back later. But no, she started the lecture series on how wrong it was to promote me ahead of the other people and how she would surely lose my phone if she allowed me to give it to her so I could continue running my business. How do you lose a phone giving it to the manager with your information? I thought that's why you occasionally ask for a manager. It's one thing to have company policy quotes. It's quite another to fabricate reasons that aren't even slightly believable. I'd like to think there should have been a way to take a look at the previous days activities and not just sit there and lecture a guy who's already put up with their incompetance once.

I'd like a few other opinions so I can further respond. Oh yea... It took them another hour but then they decided they couldn't fix it. Total time the secont time. 11:45 to 1:01PM. Thanks Sprint.

Thanks.. Guvner..
    I can feel your pain, and I'll tell you why. I'll preface this with I love the Sprint service I get but I try, by all means, to avoid any direct contact with people at the Sprint stores and/or the CSR on the phone.. the HUGE undulations of differing information can cause you to lose hours over the simplest issue.

That said, last week I was having issues with my Pre. I waited 1hr in the line at Sprint to see one of the teir 1 techs (i guess thats what they are because they just go back and forth with the actual techs about your issue). After waiting 1 hour, the tech takes my phone back into the repair area, comes back and says "the huge blotches on your screen, according to our repair guy, are just cosmetic and can't be replaced under warranty." Being the mellow guy I am, I kindly asked if I could speak to the repair tech so he could explain exactly what the situation was. He comes out and explains to me my Pre doesn't run WebOS at the moment, and he has to load it on there to maybe correct the issue of the screen blotches but they are nothing that can be replaced under warranty because technically the phone still works. After spending 10 minutes showing him the phone has the latest version of WebOS on it he insists I installed it incorrectly (bare in mind I have no Preware, patches, and just update OTA). I finally cave in and say, sure just do whatever you think is right to repair it and after that maybe we can get it replaced if the problem persists.

This is the kicker, he says "Great, just go back and wait in the line and turn your phone into the other tech"... at this point I go "what? i already waited an hour." He says "oh well everyone is busy now, just go up front give your name and they will call you"

The store had even more people at this point, and I was extremely upset and just left. Since then, I have decided I will just live with my defective screen until it does truly die and warrant a replacement in Sprints eyes.

To the OP, I feel your pain... the system they have in the stores for the queue system is horrible, and it does need to be revised. That said, I like your solution to the issue and now wonder if there is a way the suggestions could be sent over to Sprint management for implementation.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast