Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    you're impolite here so i can easily believe youre an impolite blowhard in real life.
    I agree 100%
    \
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvner View Post
    ... With the answers I got here though my guess is that they will think their customers are already programmed to deal with it. ...
    We all may have a problem from time to time but most of us deal with it and get it resolved. Glad to see that you finally did something other then take it out on us.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    digink... I'm not sure I'd have lasted through that one... Maybe I need to calm down even more. Your story made mine sound like my phone just needed dusting or something.

Unfortunately around here it's not going to go good for you... Good luck saying something that is not positive... and good luck with that phone. That sounded unbelievable. Like you said. Just call Sprint Service. That was awful... G..
    Unfortunately around here it's not going to go good for you... Good luck saying something that is not positive... and good luck with that phone. That sounded unbelievable. Like you said. Just call Sprint Service. That was awful... G..
    haha, you're like the Tony Romo of this forum.

it's not that we are all blind Sprint fans.

i know i certainly don't have loyalty to any carrier as, just like any business (except yours im sure) there are going to be negatives.

it's your attitude that is rubbing us the wrong way.
    To the OP:

It's never fun having to wait in line for service. It's especially never fun when you've got a busy schedule to keep. I won't bother mentioning your poor attitude here (which likely means a poor attitude there as well) but here are a couple of things you could have done to speed things up.

1) Swap to a spare phone before going to the store. That way you won't miss customer calls. Even though it will still be inconvenient to wait, you can still be productive.

2) Since you "own" a business I'm guessing you have employees. After you've swapped your phone for a spare have one of your employees take the broken phone to Sprint for repair.

Now if you're running a busy business on a retail line AND you don't keep a cheap spare phone . . . Well, let's just say I'd hate to read your company's DR plan. You do have a DR plan, right . . .?
    Thanks for the answer Zony...

I do have an account manager in Florida but until yesterday anytime I've had a problem I was able to go into a store and get it resolved. I went at 5:30Pm the night before I lost my phone completely so it wouldn't affect much during the day. They've always given me a replacement phone when it couldn't be fixed so I was not totally unaware of the circumstances.

I do require the phone 24 hours and keep both a PPC-6700 and a Motorola Q9C around in case. I was just blown away at being called impolite when I already had waited. I sure thought they needed a better system. In fact that was what I was hoping for in suggestions here. Instead so far I've mostly gotten something a bit different...

I'm not against Sprint. I'm hoping a Sprint rep sees a suggestion and takes some action. I've started copying and pasting though in case the guys here have the pull to take down things they don't like and then I'll just put it up by itself. I do have a server on my other business and that's not exactly a hard trick.

G..
    also next time call ahead and talk to a manager and ask if it would be ok to drop off your phone before you even get there .explain your problem and they just might be willing to work with you .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I use Google Voice...and then it doesn't matter if my phone breaks I just route my calls to a spare phone. Then I drop it off for repair when I have spare time. It's not as ideal has having a working phone but I don't miss calls or texts.
    Apparently you guys don't do anything but work for someone else and don't mind waiting. I probably lost about $300 in time alone plus the customers who called Sprints lousy service costed me.

Guvner..
    I'm quite happy for you that you are such a bad ***** in the business world. I don't think getting upset with us is going to help anything though. You hopefully are better able to communicate with your clients and customers (I guess you must be, or you wouldn't be so awesome...).

I have been to Sprint before and they do have a system where if you have already waited they give you a pass to skip the line the next time. I think the issue in your case was maybe that it was for another incident, with another phone, and not related to the previous trip. I'm sure since you are such an excellent business person, you realize that there is protocol to be followed in almost every circumstance. I do not think that the fact that you were in there for 45 minutes the night before really has anything to do with a new trip the next day. I'm sorry that it was so frustrating for you, but again I would suggest that you do not try to run an errand that you do not have time for.

I am sure in your many experiences in the world of business you have dealt with people who just need to relax a little, and realize that the world doesn't revolve around them. You've probably been very frustrated by these people barking and you and throwing a fit when they did not immediately get what they felt entitled to; I know I have. Well, it sounds to me like you are that person now.

I hope it all gets resolved in a way that does not cause you to run someone off the road for driving too slow in front of you or something. In case you were wondering why I quoted what I did, it's because you were being rude enough that I wanted to point out that your use of "costed" was incorrect. It should have been "cost". To have "costed" something is an accounting term for when you estimate the expense that something will incur.

I guess you probably have secretary that usually takes care of your written correspondences for you though, eh?

*edit* You know I just had to be a di(k because you were, right? I really do feel for you, and I hope that some of the suggestions others have made will help to avoid a headache like this in the future.
    Last edited by igobytony; 01/17/2010 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    also next time call ahead and talk to a manager and ask if it would be ok to drop off your phone before you even get there .explain your problem and they just might be willing to work with you .
    you mean instead of just going in and expecting that being upset will get you what you want? like, to plan ahead? what an amazing concept. maybe his business is based on something that does not require planning, and this never occurred to him?
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    I can feel your pain, and I'll tell you why. I'll preface this with I love the Sprint service I get but I try, by all means, to avoid any direct contact with people at the Sprint stores and/or the CSR on the phone.. the HUGE undulations of differing information can cause you to lose hours over the simplest issue.

This is the kicker, he says "Great, just go back and wait in the line and turn your phone into the other tech"... at this point I go "what? i already waited an hour." He says "oh well everyone is busy now, just go up front give your name and they will call you"

The store had even more people at this point, and I was extremely upset and just left. Since then, I have decided I will just live with my defective screen until it does truly die and warrant a replacement in Sprints eyes.
    Don't they realize that "people have friends" and "word of mouth is the most effective form of advertising"? It's crap like they gave you that causes their lack of market share.

Just go to another store and try again (hopefully finding a time when they are not busy). If they give you the same line, I'd take their name (and the manager's name), and then ask them for a contact at Palm who you can discuss the problem with. If this doesn't work, call retentions and just explain that you want to talk to someone that might help resolve your problem.

PS: I believe splotches occur by leaving the phone in the bathroom (ie on the counter) while you take hot showers in the mornings.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    This is as I figured. I bet the Sprint manager was probably welling to help him, but to use Dave Chappelle's term he was probably "Keeping It Real". How are you gonna attack people who initially responded politely to your post. And you say you run some kind of business. Really?
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Don't they realize that "people have friends" and "word of mouth is the most effective form of advertising"? It's crap like they gave you that causes their lack of market share.

Just go to another store and try again (hopefully finding a time when they are not busy). If they give you the same line, I'd take their name (and the manager's name), and then ask them for a contact at Palm who you can discuss the problem with. If this doesn't work, call retentions and just explain that you want to talk to someone that might help resolve your problem.

PS: I believe splotches occur by leaving the phone in the bathroom (ie on the counter) while you take hot showers in the mornings.
    To be honest with you, as terrible of an experience as I had at that store, other stores I've went to have been the opposite.

That said I judge Sprint on my everyday service I receive from them, which is superb. I was extremely frustrated after wasting a large amount of my day in the store, but you know what.. it happens. Do I wish they had a better system in place, for sure, but this isn't a perfect world and unfortunately I can't have it all .

I was going to go to another store, but the only other corporate owned store is like 20 miles from the one I went to and I just don't want to risk the waste of time and gas to go through the same thing again. I'm just going to wait it out, I have until June before my Pre warranty is up until then I can tough it out. I'm more disappointed with Palm than Sprint due to the shotty build of the Pre, but I am confident the Pre 2 will correct this!

PS: One thing going for Sprint as far as I am concerned is the fact that I am an extremely mellow guy and after a couple hours I've been known to shrug even the worst experiences off, so they won't really receive any bad word of mouth from me... but seems like Karma hasn't been to good to them...
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Guvner:

My suggestion is this: Call Sprint customer service. Complain about the store/store manager. Tell them that you waited the night before, then explain what you explained to us here.

A couple (ok, probably more like several couples) of years ago, I had a phone that had a physical problem within a day or two of getting it (the antenna fell off). The customer service rep noted it on the account and sent me to the local Sprint store to get it replaced free of charge.

I got to the store, they took the phone into the back room, came back and told me it was user damage, and that I was SOL. I told them to look at my account (which they did) to see the notation (which was there). They still refused. Not only that, but they lost the little metal doohickey that made the phone actually WORK, and when I complained about it, they acted like I was crazy.

They ordered me out of the store. Told me I was trespassing and that they'd have me arrested. There was a line of people, and I was totally embarrassed - people were snickering and pointing at me.

Well, needless to say I was ****ed. I got home (since they broke my phone MORE, it didn't work at all - no signal). Called customer service and had it escalated up a level from the CSR who answered. Gave them the story, they said they'd get it worked out.

An hour later i had a voice mail from the manager at the store, who ordered me out. She sounded a bit ****ed about it, but requested that I come back to the store.

I went during a busy period. The manager came out, handed me a brand new upgraded phone and made a vocal apology in front of everyone for her actions. She didn't seem happy about it, but she did it.

Oh, and they gave me 2 months of service free.

I understand where you're coming from as far as time wasted. I've found that sometimes during the day (especially just before and after lunch, and after school to maybe 8PM) the service stores can be busy. Perhaps you might be able to visit a store during a less busy time (I understand, it's a pain in the **** to fiddlefart with your evenings) but perhaps it might have been less business lost?

Just my thoughts.

R
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Thanks Rposa... Glad you had better luck on the phone after the call. Wish it was my store it happened at...

As far as Ibtonyorwhatever... They don't have a thing in the way of a system. You just are further showing what little you know...

Let's look at your quote... "I have been to Sprint before and they do have a system where if you have already waited they give you a pass to skip the line the next time. I think the issue in your case was maybe that it was for another incident, with another phone, and not related to the previous trip. I'm sure since you are such an excellent business person, you realize that there is protocol to be followed in almost every circumstance. I do not think that the fact that you were in there for 45 minutes the night before really has anything to do with a new trip the next day. I'm sorry that it was so frustrating for you, but again I would suggest that you do not try to run an errand that you do not have time for. "

I covered the first part and you don't think a prior engagement is important because it was the night before. Then you dropped that premise and called me a liar saying it must have been a different phone. A different phone huh? That's amusing. Unlike the IQ that supposition showed. Not too bright Tony... Maybe we could play solitaire or something. Talking about phones just isn't your cup of tea.

As far as the rest of it goes... I'll make arrangements on the phone in the future. I'll go to a different store for sure when I have to and I'll sure offer my opinions wherever I think they're needed. We've got two out of 5 little phones in my little business that are out of contract and I'll start to shop for my next deal just in case Sprint is no longer best.

You guys that come on here so often that if one of you doesn't quite get his way others come to your defense are sad. 700 posts in a little over a year on just one guy. And Tony with 200 posts in almost 2 months? How do you do that on a phone forum?

I would venture to say most newby phone users would be too intimidated to ask a question on here out of fear of being made fun of by the all too numerous forum police. I'd bet the advertisers aren't real thrilled of late either.
    Last edited by Guvner; 01/17/2010 at 05:33 PM.
    Wow. That's terrible. I feel your pain.
    I'm going to start off by telling you that I'm a Sprint Technician, however prior to that I spent 7 years in sales, and when I'm bored (when I'm not working on phones) I will occasionally host and make tickets to help expedite the process (..and.. well, cure my own boredom.)
    I agree completely that your situation was a definite priority, however from my experience (and I have seen this on PLENTY of occasions) if they had moved you ahead of the other people that were waiting (and more than likely already irritated at their wait time) a riot would have ensued. People absolutely freak out about someone going ahead of them in line.
    In the future, you can call ahead of time and have them set an appointment for you to come in.. and that will skip you right to the front of the line. If you don't want to call you can make your appointment online at Sprint.com. (Or if this kind of situation happens, you can *nicely* tell the host that you had called ahead to make an appointment for such-and-such o'clock).

Looking these posts over about the bad experiences does kind of sadden me - it really does depend on which store you go to. I know that the reps and my fellow technicans go out of their way for every customer (I can't even tell you how many random parts or courtesy quick-fix repairs I do all day). Here's another little tidbit of insider information: We get paid on what you think of us! I'm sure the reps that you talk to inform you of the Customer Satisfaction survey phone call that is almost always inevetable after each transaction. A major portion of their commission comes from the customer's satisfaction (and us techs get a little bump from it too..). It's rated on a scale from 1-5. Anything below a 5 is a big fat FAIL (read - 0%) which equals a nice berating or write-up from the manager.

..I really hope that you have better luck in the future with that store. :/
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I think that store just sucks
    the store I go to I just wait for a couple of minutes and go up to one of the people tell them its broken and they say they'll order a replacement
    or if it can be fixed they take it and go back with it to get it fixed
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com

You guys that come on here so often that if one of you doesn't quite get his way others come to your defense are sad. 700 posts in a little over a year on just one guy. And Tony with 200 posts in almost 2 months? How do you do that on a phone forum?
    some of us manage our time better than you and that affords us the time to come on here and help those who are willing to be, and appreciative of, help.

you're arrogant and ignorant.

I would venture to say most newby phone users would be too intimidated to ask a question on here out of fear of being made fun of by the all too numerous forum police.
    most noobs come seeking help with humility and leave their ego's at the door. try that yourself sometime.

I'd bet the advertisers aren't real thrilled of late either.
    Yeah, Palm should probably stop sending people here, linking our articles, and promoting Preware. bunch of barbaric savages we are.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=chud311;2160196]
    most noobs come seeking help with humility and leave their ego's at the door. try that yourself sometime.
    QUOTE]

I'd bet that humility thing is a demand on your part... Sure wouldn't want you working for me on the web all afternoon...
    Guvner,

I apologize if I had forgotten the details of your first post after reading your second. I somehow had thought that they gave you a newer phone on the first trip, and that the next day was a separate issue with another phone.

To say that I do not know what I'm talking about in regard to them giving people a pass to come back later is not true. I have had one myself (and I left with the phone in question, it was not a skip the line to come back and get it after repair thing) and I have seen other people come to the check in desk at the Sprint service center in my city with a pass, and get to skip right to the back since they were waiting before. I may be fortunate to have an abnormally excellent service center where I live, though.

It's pretty easy to amass a large quantity of posts in a forum like this when you come in and have a little dialog with people, often in a few threads at once. Look at how many you've made today. This phone and this forum are things that I am interested in.

I do not play solitaire, as I like to interact with people (as is evidenced by my post count). Your joke was not lost on me. And thank you for giving me my opinion, I am quite certain of how I feel about you now.

I am just glad to see that after calming down a little you have managed to have some dialog with people on here. I hope that it proves to be helpful. I am also glad that there are people on this forum who are gracious enough to have given advice and tried to offer solutions before you calmed down. Kudos to them. This forum is truly a great place because of people's willingness to help. It is just that most people (outside of the forum, even) do not react well to personal attacks.

I hope that with some of the suggestions people have made on here, and your own ideas, that you have better luck with the service you receive in the future. And I apologize for allowing myself to be caught up with the childish personal attacks and immature behavior that was exhibited in this thread. That last bit goes out to everyone reading.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Tony... I'm assuming you've seen Tombstone... Anyway... Hope I wasn't too mean...

All the best.. (My reason for all of this was to get Sprint to do something... They sure aren't offering "get out of jail cards" to the previous days repairs in my area...)

G..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast