Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I've been using my Pre happily with my Kenwood CarKit (Parrot Chipset) happily since I first got it. It connected automaitcally each time I started the car, my contacts were synched and the relevant display from the phone (signal strength etc) was displayed on the headunit without a problem.

Then comes WebOS Version 1.3.5.2 and everything goes wrong. The automatic connection no longer works so I have to manually connect every time I get in the car. My contacts are no longer synchronised although it asks if it can synchronise them in WebOS when I pair them up (it now seems to discover the CarKit as a music as well as phone device). Then to top it all when I try to access Bluetooth preferences I discover there are none, just the option to add another device.

Can anyone offer any suggestions here, although the specific unit I have isn't in the (extremely limited) list of supported carkits it uses a Parrot chipset and the full suite of Parrot kits are in the list. Other phone manufatcurers seem to be able to competently implement bluetooth right down to their basic offerings so why are Palm so inept????

I've used Palm devices right back to the PALM III and have always enjoyed them but the seemingly incomplete development of WebOS and backward steps such as I'm experiencing are really starting to make me think twice about staying with it. hell, I'm even considering a Windows Mobile device!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by descarl View Post
    I've been using my Pre happily with my Kenwood CarKit (Parrot Chipset) happily since I first got it. It connected automaitcally each time I started the car, my contacts were synched and the relevant display from the phone (signal strength etc) was displayed on the headunit without a problem.

Then comes WebOS Version 1.3.5.2 and everything goes wrong. The automatic connection no longer works so I have to manually connect every time I get in the car. My contacts are no longer synchronised although it asks if it can synchronise them in WebOS when I pair them up (it now seems to discover the CarKit as a music as well as phone device). Then to top it all when I try to access Bluetooth preferences I discover there are none, just the option to add another device.

Can anyone offer any suggestions here, although the specific unit I have isn't in the (extremely limited) list of supported carkits it uses a Parrot chipset and the full suite of Parrot kits are in the list. Other phone manufatcurers seem to be able to competently implement bluetooth right down to their basic offerings so why are Palm so inept????

I've used Palm devices right back to the PALM III and have always enjoyed them but the seemingly incomplete development of WebOS and backward steps such as I'm experiencing are really starting to make me think twice about staying with it. hell, I'm even considering a Windows Mobile device!!!!!!
    windows mobile!!?!?! that's just crazy-talk!! i too am having problems with my stereo since 1.3.5. glad to hear im not the only one. I was thinking about doctoring but now i dunno. might be a bug in the update.