1.    #1  
    I have recently purchased a GSM palm pre from the UK locked to the O2 network. I would like to use it on the AT&T network in the U.S. If anyone knows a way to do this i would greatly appreciate the help. I have already tried the rebel sim and it did not work.
    wait 6 months for it to officially arrive on att
    are you 100% sure? O2 don't normally lock any of their phones
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMoney88 View Post
    I have recently purchased a GSM palm pre from the UK locked to the O2 network. I would like to use it on the AT&T network in the U.S. If anyone knows a way to do this i would greatly appreciate the help. I have already tried the rebel sim and it did not work.
    Yes, Unfortunately we've discovered the same thing trying to use locked Telcel Palm Pre's from Mexico on AT&T.

The O2 UK Palm Pre is also a locked phone and the Rebel SIM card generally provides an unlock solution for this model, however it has not worked with AT&T's 128K SIM cards. We sent a locked Telcel Palm Pre and one of AT&T's SIM cards to the folks at RebelSIM recently. They had the phone for over a week and were unable to provide solution that works with AT&T's 128K sim cards. They claim to still be working on a solution.

Only GSM Palm Pre solutions currently available for use on AT&T are the O2 Germany unlocked Palm Pre, and the Movistar Spain locked Palm Pre which many people have had the carrier or 3rd party provide the subsidy unlock code for.

Both of these Palm Pre models have been proven to work on AT&T USA's network using an AT&T SIM card (Voice, Text, and EDGE (not 3G) data)

Reason for no 3G is the different 3G freq's used by AT&T, Rogers/Fido, etc than in europe.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you all for your help, guess Ill have to keep looking
    i have an o2 uk pre does this mean mine is gsm? wats the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    i have an o2 uk pre does this mean mine is gsm? wats the difference?
    Yes it does. Most obvious difference is that GSM uses a SIM card.