Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Just got my Pre Friday(well actually my boss got it for me )...anyway i love it.....already rethemed it and got about 6 homebrews.....and put a bunch of music from my pc on it.....all seemed pretty easy...... rock on pre
    Have u installed preware yet? Check out some of the patches that make the phone customizable to your liking.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    Have u installed preware yet? Check out some of the patches that make the phone customizable to your liking.
    Yes, the PRE is very customizable. It can be a great little phone but be ready to spend some time on the computer troubleshooting it...lol Any problems you have, be sure to search the forums because someone has had the same problem before. As long as you are somewhat computer savvy, you will love this phone. I just Re-Fell in love with after the 1.3.5.1 update, or maybe it was cause I webOSDoctored it. It runs perfect now. No lag whatsoever.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    welcome
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    just installed preware......now I'm wondering why I waited ...love it
    Welcome to the addictive and fun world of Pre, WebOS, and Preware!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    If I could legally marry my pre plus [in this country] I wouldn't hesitate 'cause I love it that much ;] lol
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    sad part is my boss has a pre too...but he's not to techie....so I will have to preware his phone for him......but hey at least it is easy(so far)
    i love my pre,i had it on xmas eve and im still finding out new things about it
    Congrats on the new Pre amd Welcome to the PreCentral forums!

From personal experience, you will find that after your initial excitement wears off.. an new type of excitement will show up. After using it for a couple of months you'll suddenly catch yourself flipping through the phone's cards and realize once again how incredibly intuitive WebOS is to use. It's like you find yourself taking the simplicity of using WebOS for granted and then BAM! you will start a new love all over again!
    I'm pretty happy with my Pre right now as well. Taking it slow, trying to understand the webOS before going into the deep end of the pool. Installed Preader to read all my DRM books, and it is working well. I'm using CompanionLink USB to sync with my desktop PCs. Those were the two main factors that kept me from switching before. I also installed Geocaching for webOS, which being an avid geocacher, is nice to see.

Now I'm exploring the limitations of the phone, both hardware and software wise. I did pickup a copy of the Missing Manual book on the Pre, and it's been a help, but not as much as this forum has been.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    If I could legally marry my pre plus [in this country] I wouldn't hesitate 'cause I love it that much ;] lol
    Well there is a common law marriage statute that takes affect after 7 years when you live with someone...and in the smartphone world technology changes at an exponential rate so maybe it's fair to say that after 7 months you have a common law marriage to your pre?

I bought mine on Sprint the first day of release and that's 8 months ago and I have serious commitment issues...I think I need to call my attorney.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    *Ähem* marry our pre? Sounds funny and i dont want to think of the first night with the pre oo

Welcome to this Forum and i wish you as much fun with your pre as possible
    Quote Originally Posted by dvsbyknight View Post
    Well there is a common law marriage statute that takes affect after 7 years when you live with someone...and in the smartphone world technology changes at an exponential rate so maybe it's fair to say that after 7 months you have a common law marriage to your pre?

I bought mine on Sprint the first day of release and that's 8 months ago and I have serious commitment issues...I think I need to call my attorney.
    Sorry, most states no longer recognize common law marriage.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of PRELOVE!

Its delightfully refreshing to find someone new , that is not whining, complaining, comparing it to some other phone, posting lists of whats missiing.

and someone who obvioulsy was able to search, and read, and get Preware running without having a zillion repeating posts..

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!

Enjoy the PRE and SHARE THE LOVE
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvsbyknight View Post

Ok I hope you atleast signed a PRE-nupt......oh that was bad but I had too
    welcome to the world of Pre and PreCentral
    glad to hear you're loving your phone and getting into preware. patches and themes really make this device something special.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Enjoy the PRE and SHARE THE LOVE
    Yes! I always do my best to try n 'sell' this great little device to anyone looking to get a new phone. Unfortunately, my success rates are few due to the stiff competition and poor marketing.