Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    FYI, a cell phone account isn't going to help her credit.
    Ya but if she defaults on the account it sure will count against her. It will help a little but will not change her rating any but it will help.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Ya but if she defaults on the account it sure will count against her. It will help a little but will not change her rating any but it will help.
    It won't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    It won't help.
    It won't help.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Isn't this a change in contract?? if you signed a contract that never had this payment statement it would be a change and you can cancel your contract and go month to month.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtale View Post
    Isn't this a change in contract?? if you signed a contract that never had this payment statement it would be a change and you can cancel your contract and go month to month.
    Kinda true. It is a change in contract so you can cancel if you want. However, it's up to Sprint if they let you go month to month. It's very doubtful.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtale View Post
    what about the part in the contract where it says that Sprint reserves the right to change their fees at any time?
    what about the part in the contract where it says that Sprint reserves the right to change their fees at any time?
    I don't know. But I've heard of alot of people leaving Sprint with no ETF because of this.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    so due to a $5 increase people are leaving so they can pay $10 more elsewhere and get less?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't know. But I've heard of alot of people leaving Sprint with no ETF because of this.
    yeah, i know.

it's just funny how people are always throwing that "this changed my contract so i can leave blah blah blah" and stuff without having actually read the contract they signed.
    yeah, i know.

it's just funny how people are always throwing that "this changed my contract so i can leave blah blah blah" and stuff without having actually read the contract they signed.
    I just don't get why they are leaving. Where are they going to go? Verizon? Sprint is so much cheaper per month... I think people just like taking advantage of things and don't think what they're gonna do next.
    It will only hurt it if you don't pay your bills!

Yea, it sucks how some things can't help your credit but can still hurt it.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Perhaps I am missing something. It's $5 people. What is the big frikkin deal about 5 measly bucks? If a $5 fee is going to put you in the poorhouse, perhaps having a cell phone is not one of your most important needs in life? I swear, there is more *****ing and complaining on this forum board, than I have seen on any other forum I read.
    I don't think Sprint reports account details to the credit reporting agencies unless you go into default. If they don't report it does not help your credit score/report one little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    It will only hurt it if you don't pay your bills!
    I know this I was just saying that paying your bill on time doesn't help your credit, but being late on a payment will.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    e-mail? I got a call today from Sprint. I was told I was "valued customer" and they had a special offer for me. The women tried to get me to sign up for a second line on my account and give me a "deal" (which I later found on their website) for another phone. At first I felt the whole thing was intrusive and I immediately knew what they were trying to do. That is, get existing customers to spend more money to compensate for some of the losses.

After discussing it with my Mom (who'd be second line) I realized that call wasn't so bad after all. My Mom's VZW contract is ending this month and I'm not going to add a line to my plan for her. She gets all of Sprint's perks and we both save money while Sprint is now going to get more money from me. It's a win-win-win situation.

Some people may feel the call is a bit intrusive but hey, the women I spoke to was extremely courteous and I have no gripes with Sprint.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I just don't get why they are leaving. Where are they going to go? Verizon? Sprint is so much cheaper per month... I think people just like taking advantage of things and don't think what they're gonna do next.
    yup. instant gratification culture. me me me, gimme gimme gimme.

sure, some people legitimately want out of their contract due to coverage issues or whatnot, but that should have been apparent within the first 30 days. and if they moved to a different area or whatever, then they'd be let out for free anyway.

bottom line is, people either always want to take advantage of something to make them feel accomplished or they just see the short term picture of a shiny new device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophersky View Post
    Perhaps I am missing something. It's $5 people. What is the big frikkin deal about 5 measly bucks? If a $5 fee is going to put you in the poorhouse, perhaps having a cell phone is not one of your most important needs in life? I swear, there is more *****ing and complaining on this forum board, than I have seen on any other forum I read.
    i agree. either ditch the cell phone or at least go back to a dumbphone with no texting or anything. bare bones.
    yup. instant gratification culture. me me me, gimme gimme gimme.
    I'm part of that generation. I'm 23. I used to be like that when I was younger though. But since then I've been through alot (more than alot of older people) and I have a better head on my shoulders now.

I'm just glad I have a better mindset then most people lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    my girlfriend got a letter in the mail about this and she isn't enrolled in bill pay because her paychecks vary from week to week and she doesn't have enough credit no bad credit just not enough credit soo she had to be put on a spending limit when she got signed her contract. She is Fing ****ed at sprint because of this. She's only been with them less then a year and they are treating her like she has done something wrong. Now I've been with sprint for 6 plus years and everything is great. But this 4.99 charge just because your on a spending limit is a bunch of BS. She's going to Sprint tomorrow and *****ing at them and also is going to call customer service and ***** at them some. Because she had to be put on a spending limit when she got her phone. This was not her choice.
    I'm 18 and I got the exact same letter... Put cell phone bill on credit card? That's what I do. And I also get free cell insurance through my CC company so it all works out!
    That Five Dollar fee kind of upset me too... Especially since I had no choice in whether I wanted to have an Account Spending Limit. If I had a choice, I'd be ok with it. However, it was completely mandatory.

I have paid my bills in full and I have yet to see that limit get higher either, so it seems to have no reason to really be there...

By the way, I am enrolled in Automatic Bill Pay, so the fee doesn't effect me. It still upsets me that a mandatory thing for some people is now also going to cost them $5 extra.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast