1.    #1  
    Does anyone know where I can get a replacement screen???

My screen is so scratched i have tried everything but now i think it would be better to just replace the screen. Any ideas where I can find one??

I have tried ebay and amazon and craigslist.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    it would be cheaper and easier to just get insurance and say you lost it to get a new one for $100
  3.    #3  
    i dont wanna pay $100 tho i just want the top shell

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    This may be a bit extreme, but if your screen is as bad as you say it is this may be an option. You could buff the scratches out. With the right plastic buffing compound and buffer, it should work. If you do decide to try this, make sure to do a good bit of research for ideas and techniques.
    Looks like, even if you found one, it'll run over a hundred bucks. Your Palm Pre Lcd Repair Service Center

Here's a thread on cleaning up scratches http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...re-screen.html
    Crappy part with the PRE is that the whole screen and touchscreen portion is all 1 assembly. you cant even remove the LCD alone since it is molded into the outter shell so whatever replacement you find will be expensive since it will come with the LCD, touchscreen, and ribbon....not easy to replace either.
  7.    #7  
    that sucks big time!!!! maybe i can get a pre with bad esn or water damage to the mother board

Oklahoma Sooner theme

like i said the 100 for a refurb is a better price then youll find anywhere else unless you can live with the scratches, but next time youll use a screen protector
    The problem is that you can't get insurance then file a claim right away. That would be way too suspicious...
    well its only scratches he could give it a week or even just live with it till it got worse then swap it out
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I had very visible scratches on mine. Ordered a Skinomi TechSkin screen protector from Amazon for $9.95 and after putting it on (follow the directions and give it at least overnight to set), none of the scratches are visible. It's great.
    Seconding the skinomi love. You can barely tell it's there, as long as you do it right. Hell, sometimes I forget. It helps a bit with glare too.
    I used Brasso on my old Palm screens and it worked like magic. I haven't tried it on the Pre though.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    OP, did you ever resolve this problem? If so, where did you find your replacement?