1.    #1  
    Anybody else having this issue?

I use IMAP PUSH for my main e-mail acc't (on my personal Web site) and haven't had issues until the last update/two updates (if you count that minor update a few days after the big one an update). My e-mail doesn't always get pushed through, sometimes I will have no updates all morning and manually go into my e-mail box where it does its usual refresh and it will start download e-mails I got hours ago. Other times my e-mails push through just fine.

This started happening with the last updates (Christmas week/week after, whenever it was). At first I thought it was because I was only using WiFi with airplane mode (since I was out of the country) and that the WiFi was turning off when the screen was off (guess it doesn't do that anymore, which is great!). But, when I came back to the States and turned my cell service back on, it is still doing that.

FYI, the two apps I downloaded at the time the updates came out were the daily devotional app, which has a feature where you set a time and it'll give you the devotion at that time every day, and the aquarium app, which is known to stop data services/slow the phone to a snail's pace while running (so I don't have it running). Tonight I turned off the alert feature of the devotional app to see if that's what is causing it.
    same here i thought i was crazy at first but ever since the update been slow to get emails
    they come minutes (and sometimes) an hour or so AFTER they have hit my desktop.
    the email is more consistent with EVDO than wifi (which is stupid ) but it is happening
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    Anybody else having this issue?

I use IMAP PUSH for my main e-mail acc't (on my personal Web site) and haven't had issues until the last update/two updates (if you count that minor update a few days after the big one an update). My e-mail doesn't always get pushed through, sometimes I will have no updates all morning and manually go into my e-mail box where it does its usual refresh and it will start download e-mails I got hours ago. Other times my e-mails push through just fine.

This started happening with the last updates (Christmas week/week after, whenever it was). At first I thought it was because I was only using WiFi with airplane mode (since I was out of the country) and that the WiFi was turning off when the screen was off (guess it doesn't do that anymore, which is great!). But, when I came back to the States and turned my cell service back on, it is still doing that.

FYI, the two apps I downloaded at the time the updates came out were the daily devotional app, which has a feature where you set a time and it'll give you the devotion at that time every day, and the aquarium app, which is known to stop data services/slow the phone to a snail's pace while running (so I don't have it running). Tonight I turned off the alert feature of the devotional app to see if that's what is causing it.
    Yes - there are other threads about this issue as well. There seem to be quite a number of us experiencing this issue. It has nothing to do with the apps you've downloaded. In fact, I've read numerous posts about people who are also experiencing this issue who have never even installed a single patch/tweak on their phones. It definitely seems to coincide with the WebOS update. Best guess - it has something to do with the battery savings tweaks Palm made to the WebOS, and that is somehow causing the phone to intermittently stop syncing the e-mail. Hopefully Palm is working to fix what they broke
    yes i have this with my GSM o2 pre.
    i have to manually update too
    it's set for every 15minutes but sometimes mail doesnt appear for hours or something funny like that
    ironically, I had many issues with Gmail and Exchange not pushing correctly UNTIL 1.3.5.1. Now everything is perfect, including my calendar, which hasn't worked since 1.2.1.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Yes - there are other threads about this issue as well. There seem to be quite a number of us experiencing this issue. It has nothing to do with the apps you've downloaded. In fact, I've read numerous posts about people who are also experiencing this issue who have never even installed a single patch/tweak on their phones. It definitely seems to coincide with the WebOS update. Best guess - it has something to do with the battery savings tweaks Palm made to the WebOS, and that is somehow causing the phone to intermittently stop syncing the e-mail. Hopefully Palm is working to fix what they broke
    Thanks, I searched but didn't find other threads about this exact issue.

I've not put any patch/tweaks/homebrew on my Pre, only App Catalog apps, and taking the devotional alert off didn't do a thing - still didn't get my e-mails from 2a-3p 'til I manually checked this afternoon.

I forgot to mention earlier that also an acc't I have set to check every hour has not been fetching the mail at all, it only is working on a manual mode, ever since the update. I have other acc'ts, but don't get lots of mail in them (and some of them I only tend to get mail in subfolders, which Palm still has yet to put on the auto-check, you can only manually check them) so only assume they're not working just the same.

Yeah, Palm needs to fix this SOON!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    ironically, I had many issues with Gmail and Exchange not pushing correctly UNTIL 1.3.5.1. Now everything is perfect, including my calendar, which hasn't worked since 1.2.1.
    Strange!

I only have my Gmail acc't set to manual 'cause I don't use it for e-mail, just have it for Google Voice and Google Calendar (for use with my Pre's calendar), so I don't know if PUSH ever worked on that acc't or not. (My Google Calendar and regular calendar have worked all along, only with a couple small bugs, one of which is gone. The other bug is sometimes on month view, April doesn't appear white, it stays greyed out. That's for April in any year, but all the other months in any year turn white. Go figure, the month whose stone is the diamond doesn't turn clear, haha.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    I forgot to mention earlier that also an acc't I have set to check every hour has not been fetching the mail at all, it only is working on a manual mode, ever since the update.
    If it's not updating, try editing your password (don't need to actually change it, just touch it) in the account prefs and swipe back to save it. That sometimes fixes non-syncing accounts.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    If it's not updating, try editing your password (don't need to actually change it, just touch it) in the account prefs and swipe back to save it. That sometimes fixes non-syncing accounts.
    I'll try it, but it syncs fine manually and never gives a log-in error. It just doesn't check for e-mails when it should. (Naughty Pre!)
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...vdo-gmail.html vote here I have given this link to PALM...they said they are working on a fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...vdo-gmail.html vote here I have given this link to PALM...they said they are working on a fix
    I think you meant Palm.
    no 'Thanks'
    Nope I meant what I typed thank you.
    I must have missed the class where they taught that you're supposed to capitalize all letters in a proper noun. That will teach me not to attend lectures
    no 'Thanks'
  14.    #14  
    Hey, I tried it and it seems to have fixed the issue! (I retyped the password, not just touched it, as I did it after I got off this board and forgot you'd said just touch it, LOL.) For the past few days since I did it, my e-mails have been coming in just fine. Thanks!!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    Thanks, but I don't use Gmail. (I have an acc't, but it is set to manual since I don't use the e-mail portion of it, just use Google Voice and Google Calendar. I don't need another e-mail addy! ) The one acc't I have on PUSH as well as the other acc'ts I use are all on my own domains.
    As you suggested, I just clicked on it and let it update. Seems to be working perfectly now. Thanks for the help - this has been driving me crazy.