Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Hi there.

First, This forum is the best source for Palm information.
    My question is, What will the Palm Pre lack compared to the Palm Pre Plus.
    I want to know if it's worth waiting for the Plus.

// Beca
    It's all in the CES threads.
    + memory
    and little else.

I think it's worth
    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    Hi there.

First, This forum is the best source for Palm information.
    My question is, What will the Palm Pre lack compared to the Palm Pre Plus.
    I want to know if it's worth waiting for the Plus.

// Beca
    While you REALLY should search for this, I'll give you a quick rundown.

The plus runs on Verizon, while the regular runs on Sprint.

Plus has 512MB of RAM and 16GB of storage while the regular has 256MB of RAM and 8GB of storage.

Plus lacks the center button in the front, regular still has it.

And.. that's about it. There are talks about improved build quality with the plus, but its not really a spec to compare with. And you might find Sprint more to your liking since the pricing plans are easier to swallow.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Thanks for the answers, as i'm living in Sweden the operator dosent matter what matters is thet the original Pre can do all the things the Plus can do.

// Beca
    The Pre Plus is also Touchstone ready, which means it also comes with the Touchstone back cover.
    Sweden and Pre Plus does not compute.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I looked at an online signal map, and it turns out that Sprint and AT&T (believe it or not) have the strongest signal (voice & data) for my neighborhood! So, I don't think I'll be switching.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    I looked at an online signal map, and it turns out that Sprint and AT&T (believe it or not) have the strongest signal (voice & data) for my neighborhood! So, I don't think I'll be switching.
    GREAT STORY!

what's it have to do with this thread?
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Sweden and Pre Plus does not compute.
    Chud311, why is that?

// Beca
    Quote Originally Posted by beca View Post
    Chud311, why is that?

// Beca
    Pre Plus is CDMA as of right now and Sweden uses GSM.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    It has been confirmed that France (SFR) will get the Pre +; there will be a GSM version, but unless French is your 1st language, you'll have to deal with an AZERTY keyboard.
    In grade school an A and an A+ will get you the same GPA. The A+ just gives you bragging rights.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Get a grip guys! I know that we have GSM networks in Sweden ), and i dont like the French keyboard layout. But that is not the point, as i wrote from the begining. "Is there anything you can do with the Pre Plus that you wont be able to do with the Pre?"
    I don't like to spend the money right now on the Pre if the Pre Plus is just six months away.
    And for the record the Palm Pre is not awailable in Sweden as of now, So i have to settel for a German one with QWERTZ keyboard, that I can live with.
    // Beca
    no.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Thanks chud311
    Will order a Palm Pre ASAP.

// Beca
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    While you REALLY should search for this, I'll give you a quick rundown.

The plus runs on Verizon, while the regular runs on Sprint.

Plus has 512MB of RAM and 16GB of storage while the regular has 256MB of RAM and 8GB of storage.

Plus lacks the center button in the front, regular still has it.

And.. that's about it. There are talks about improved build quality with the plus, but its not really a spec to compare with. And you might find Sprint more to your liking since the pricing plans are easier to swallow.
    I wish it were that simple. It looks like there may be a new processor. i heard it in a video @ ces. the girl in the video says in multiple times. while she plays need for speed. here is the link :

also my issue is this who do i go with sprint or verizon for palm and webos? will sprint or verizon be the flagship carrier, where they would recieve new phones first. or will they get new phones at the same time now? I called palm, sprint, and no answers all they say is. We do not have that information available to us. Anyone here about this
    Quote Originally Posted by harold42483 View Post
    I wish it were that simple. It looks like there may be a new processor. i heard it in a video @ ces. the girl in the video says in multiple times. while she plays need for speed. here is the link :
    and? i play Need For Speed all the time on my non Plus Pre.

also my issue is this who do i go with sprint or verizon for palm and webos?
    we dunno.

will sprint or verizon be the flagship carrier, where they would recieve new phones first. or will they get new phones at the same time now?
    take a guess. Sprint got it first. 6 months later, Verizon gets one. here comes the guessing part....who do you think will get a shiny new phone in 6 months from now?

I called palm, sprint, and no answers all they say is. We do not have that information available to us.
    did you think they would tell you otherwise?

Anyone here about this
    yeah. a lot of us did. two weeks ago. search much? or do you just like stirring up hornet's nests in as many threads as possible?
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Ok so, new question.
    1, This new processor, can anyone confirm CPU Speed, Manufacturer and how you can benefit from the new CPU other than having smother 3D performance.
    2, I'd like to hear from pople that tested NFS, what is the overall impressions regarding the graphics and smothnes. Did you run just he game or did you have multiple cards open at once during NFS play.
    //Beca
    there's no new processor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast