1. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I'm sure there are some other university/college students who use Eclass or WebCT. I was just wondering if they can get .pdf files to open with that? Whenever I try to, I get an error saying "No handler for file:///media/internal/downloads/RelativeResourceManager". I was just wondering if this was a problem with my phone, and that can be fixed...or just something with the website that can't be fixed?
    I use desire2learn and I have the same problem, while I have no trouble opening PDF files from elsewhere. Weird.
    ~Annie

I heart my Pixi
    The problem is with the sites - the download script that they run SHOULD set a mime type in the http response to mark the file being downloaded as PDF - but they rarely do.

These "e-teaching" systems are terrible for non-compliance with standards.
    Never got WebCT to work on my iPhone 3G nor my Pre as of today. Was the huge reason for me going out and buying a Mobile Broadband card because I take so many online classes and am not always near the internet when I really should be :P
  5. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    ahh, thanks for the answers. To beret9987, webCT works on the iphone 3gs now. The reason I posted this question was because my friend with a 3gs pulled up a pdf that I could never get open so I thought it might be my phone in specific. Guess not.