I have tried without success to install WebOS/Novacomd on my Pre. I am running Windows XP have followed all of the directions. Made sure I had the latest Java and it was functional. Downloaded the WebOS install file and also the Doctor file. What happens is that I get to the part where my computer can not connect with my Pre. I have made sure I am in developer mode, have tired to install when I get the error message file not found choose specific location to install C/windows/program/palm...but still it's a no go, have also tried the "Re-Install" Novacomd in the "Files/Options" by clicking the reinstall tab..it goes thru the first graphic then when it hits the second graphic progress it gets almost all the way but then it rolls itself back. I have tired everything. Unplugging the usb cord attached to the pre, hit the just charge. It says "Novacomd" found but then I get the error window where it asks where to look for the specific file.
    Anyone got any idea what I can do to finalize the install? I am stumped..thnxx in advance !
    theres an option in quickinstall to reinstall novacom i cant remember exactly where but im sure someone can
    I tried that..no go..it gets halfway then rolls itself back. I feel like I have tired everything. Even read everything I can find on google...I feel stupid or something.
    I wonder if it is because I am running 1.3.5.1 ????
    Reboot your computer and pre and try to reconnect!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I did that like 3 times already....I just cant Novacom to come up and recognize my Pre....aarrggg!..thnxx for the help..anyone else?
    Uninstall all Novacomd and QuickInstall products. Run CCleaner and then Combofix (in that order) to make sure there are no viruses on your PC that's causing weird stuff. Reboot and then reinstall QuickInstall and Novacomd.

If that doesn't work try a Partial Erase. Device Info---> Reset Options--->"Partial Erase"

And if that doesn't work try WebOS Doctor.
    Last edited by deesugar; 01/16/2010 at 06:18 AM.
    I tired all of the above..and Gave up..none of the apps that I want will ever show up in the "Official App" catalogue....
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Uninstall all Novacomd and QuickInstall products. Run CCleaner and then Combofix (in that order) to make sure there are no viruses on your PC that's causing weird stuff. Reboot and then reinstall QuickInstall and Novacomd.

If that doesn't work try a Partial Erase. Device Info---> Reset Options--->"Partial Erase"

And if that doesn't work try WebOS Doctor.
    good advice. and combofix is so fast now!
    Quote Originally Posted by QPY3 View Post
    I tired all of the above..and Gave up..none of the apps that I want will ever show up in the "Official App" catalogue....
    reinstall the os.
    I tired re-installing the OS...I checked for viruses..I did all of the above...I can't get my computer to connect with my Pre..I get error message.."Can NOT connect"...I even got a new phone(unrelated event/speaker quit working) and installed the latest OS, and again did all of the above..No Go..I gave up...