1.    #1  
    Very sorry that this is off topic, but as a pre owner I know there are several linux pros in here and I need an answer before tomorrow morning. I was running a dual boot with win 7 and Kubuntu. In haste I deleted the Kubuntu partition and now when I boot my pc as all I get is:

Grub loading
    error: no such partition
    grub rescue>

I do not have a windows 7 to boot to the run fixmbr. What can I do?

Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
  3.    #3  
    Thanks much for the response. I actually do have pmagic on a usb but am not totally sure what to do with it. I tried using it to resize my windows partition to use the unallocated space but it fails. is there I way I can use it to restore GRUB or to repair the windows boot loader?
    i would just start over again for partitioning the easiest and most fool proof method is wubi (windows ubuntu installer) it will let you select your particular flavor of ubunutu kubuntu etc and how much hard disk space to allot for it in a painless way
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I'm not familiar with the tool, myself. I just came across it. There is a video on how..

Rebuild MBR - Partition Wizard Help
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenx View Post
    I'm not familiar with the tool, myself. I just came across it. There is a video on how..

Rebuild MBR - Partition Wizard Help
    Bingo! Saved me big time. Thank you both!!