Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I thought I read there was a homebrew apps that enabled the middle button to flash on email arrival or message, Yea great idea, but I installed the installer, (nightmare in windows 7) and now I cant find any such notification app. Was I dreaming
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    its a patch, you need Preware or WebOS Quick Install and the LED notification patch.

This will get you started

http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    Install WebOS Quick Install on your computer.
    Hook up your Pre/Pixi to your computer and put in Dev Mode.
    Launch WebOS Quick Install and download Preware and Package Manager.
    Install
    Use Preware to install all the patches you want!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Thanks, thought it was an app, all I need is to find the patch, thanks, I was going niuts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I thought the instaler was a drama , I found the patch all code and stuff, I give up, in fact I have perservered with his for months, Im leaving the pre, I would have paid $100 just to know when I had a message, this is the dumbest phone ever, Im sick of checking every 5 minutes for a message

Thanks everyone for your help , but really a simple thing and almost a year and you cant get notified when theres a nessage or email. Give me a break
    install "enable LED notification" and you're golden...and use the correct punctuation and we're golden when we're reading your posts
    Quote Originally Posted by modelnet View Post
    I thought the instaler was a drama , I found the patch all code and stuff, I give up, in fact I have perservered with his for months, Im leaving the pre, I would have paid $100 just to know when I had a message, this is the dumbest phone ever, Im sick of checking every 5 minutes for a message

Thanks everyone for your help , but really a simple thing and almost a year and you cant get notified when theres a nessage or email. Give me a break
    I agree with you, this should have been available since we took this phone out of the box but--
    I would feel comfortable saying that alot of the missing basic features will probably be in 1.4.X because Verizon's getting into the picture.
    Maybe just wait a coupla more weeks and see if that does the trick.
    I've been screaming about notification nags and alerts since June, so I know how you feel though.