Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I've been drooling over the colored backs for the pixi, and was wondering about just painting my pre's back. I'd start with the plastic one of course, because I really don't want to waste money on a new touchstone back if something goes wrong with the paint, especially if the touchstone stops working!
    I tried to test out if something could interfere, and it turns out that the pre can charge through 4 sheets of paper! If someone is daring, will you paint your back and tell me if it still works with touchstone?

Thanks. I'll probably be painting my plastic back white this weekend, and will post pictures if people seem to care!
    Last edited by DanLipson; 01/17/2010 at 10:56 AM.
    I don't think the paint will disturb the touchstone charger, especially if you just apply a thin layer. So, good luck, maybe you're kickstarting a new trend here... Self-decorated pre mods.
    I think there is a market in backs for the Pre I would buy one if they looked like the ones for the pixi
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I think there is a market in backs for the Pre I would buy one if they looked like the ones for the pixi
    I would get an orange one for sure! but would rather a white one. I'll probably paint mine today and post some pictures!

I'm going to get some white spray-paint after lunch, because boy am I hungry!
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    There is one of the Artist Series for the Pixi that I would LOVE to have for my Pre if it's TS compatible. Sigh.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I'd like to see a pic.

Actually, go to your nearest hardware store and grab a can of that liquid rubber you can coat your tools with. I bet it would look really sharp on the stock cover.
    I am VERY interested in how this turns out. I've thought about this for awhile. White would look great imo.
    well theres a site that designs them so im sure you could paint them
    Most paint shouldn't affect the Touchstone, Lead-based might but there are other reasons you shouldn't use that anyway.
    yea but if poisoning isnt a biggie for you go ahead and use the lead paint
    any pics yet? I am thinking about using some krylon fusion.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLipson View Post
    I've been drooling over the colored backs for the pixi, and was wondering about just painting my pre's back. I'd start with the plastic one of course, because I really don't want to waste money on a new touchstone back if something goes wrong with the paint, especially if the touchstone stops working!
    I tried to test out if something could interfere, and it turns out that the pre can charge through 4 sheets of paper! If someone is daring, will you paint your back and tell me if it still works with touchstone?

Thanks. I'll probably be painting my plastic back white this weekend, and will post pictures if people seem to care!
    Every thought of "painting" a seido innocase they are very thin ad very little bulk to the pre and then you can colour the whole pre without risking damage to the actual phone.

You could also paint the top and bottom frames different colours etc

They also work with the touchstone
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    here are the pics.

Definitely not as good as I wanted, but not as bad as I expected. I painted the plastic back, not the touchstone back...

i just spray painted it in my garage and let is sit for 2 hours or so...
    It is a different texture than the original plastic. It's now somewhat "stickier" like silicon or rubber. Very grippy and comfortable to use when playing asphalt 5.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    well theres a site that designs them so im sure you could paint them
    what site?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    +1
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    you guys should check out colorware.com- they paint and color blackberry covers and other phones. i didn't see any Pre's on there, but who knows, try requesting. they guarantee their work... it costs some money, but they look good.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicX View Post
    you guys should check out colorware.com- they paint and color blackberry covers and other phones. i didn't see any Pre's on there, but who knows, try requesting. they guarantee their work... it costs some money, but they look good.
    I'D Never pay for that.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanLipson View Post
    I'D Never pay for that.

that's fine and all, but the thing here is quality and a guarantee behind it. if i were to have a back cover for my Pre, i want it to look like it came from the factory- not like i painted it in my garage. i wouldn't want it chipping and scratching... so, to some this might be worth it.

i find the steps they take in finishing their products fascinating. that is all. you asked if anyone knew of a place or site that did this.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Finish it up a bit. Take a toothpick or small paperclip to the speaker holes to clean them out, then get some silver modeling paint and fill in the Palm logo. THEN it might look sweet.
    Not bad at all. Not my choice of color, but the result is nice. Maybe I'll try something similar myself if I ever get a touchstone.