1.    #1  
    Howdy,

I have crawled all over PreCentral looking for instructions on how to delete a couple of the pre-installed apps that came with my shiny new Pre. None of the instructions worked.

I pressed the Quicklaunch icon (the arrow), the app icons show up, held down the orange key, then pressed the icon for the app I wanted to delete (Nascar). I got a pop-up that gives a little bit of app info in micro-print and has only one button choice: "Done." There's no "Delete" option.

I press the Quicklaunch icon, the app icons show up, I press the "Launcher" tab in the upper left-hand corner, and choose "list apps." I hold down the orange button, then press Nascar, and get the same "Done" button.

Can someone please help me get pre-installed apps like Nascar off my Pre?

Thank ye kindly,
    Barb
    I believe the only app you can uninstall is the PDF View. The reason for this is sponsorship.

If you want to remove any of them you'll have to use a patch. If you haven't yet you should search for something called Preware and install it giving you access to hundreds of apps homebrew-ers have made available as well as patches which customize your Pre any way you want. You can even install themes to make your Pre look however you want.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    All you can do is hide the icons.

Download - WebOS Quick Install 2.96

Next follow This Guide on getting home brew /patches etc installed onto the phone.

Then use WebOs Quick Install to hide the icons the options are under tweaks then styling mods.
    Use Terminal or sFTP into your Pre, browse to /usr/palm/applications/ and begin deleting any app...just be careful.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Use Terminal or sFTP into your Pre, browse to /usr/palm/applications/ and begin deleting any app...just be careful.
    Lets get them to tweaking / patching before we have people mucking around in folders where they have to doctor a phone for an opps Plus deleting only free's a tiny amount of space plus what happens when you possibly want those apps back no offence to the anyone just saying...
  6.    #6  
    Thanks everyone. If they don't take up much space, I won't worry about deleting them.
    I downloaded WebOS QuickInstall. Looks like I've got some learnin' to do.