1.    #1  
    And I'm really paranoid about it.

I got it, and the first thing I noticed was that the ball had a mirror finish, instead of it being pearly.
    Second thing I noticed was that when I go to turn off the phone, the options I get are "Turn off", "Airplane mode", and "cancel." I don't have to push three buttons to turn it off anymore, and I don't like that.
    Another thing I noticed was that I can't turn data off. (I connect to wifi, and to avoid going over my plan, I turn data off to make sure..)
    Also, the back, when you take off the plastic to get to the battery, there are gold pieces. My old Pre didn't have that.

Among other small things.
    I'm just kind of paranoid this phone sucks/is old or something? So tell me if your phone looks like this, because I'm worried they gave me another bad phone. The power button doesn't seem to feel as "new", and the volume slider jiggles.
    all that is standard. the newer ones have the silver/mirror finish. and mine gives the same 3 options when shutting off. always has.

on your data plan, you should be simply everything, which, minus the minutes, is unlimited. including data, so you can use data as much as you want.

mine has gold pieces.

you are being a little paranoid
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    to turn off data go to the phone application go to preferences under network you can turn it off
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    all that is standard. the newer ones have the silver/mirror finish. and mine gives the same 3 options when shutting off. always has.

on your data plan, you should be simply everything, which, minus the minutes, is unlimited. including data, so you can use data as much as you want.

mine has gold pieces.

you are being a little paranoid
    It's this forum, I swear LOL. All the things I read here, I'm so scared my Pre is going to malfunction somehow. :{
    And no, I'm actually with Bell, and my data plan is limited to 500mb, or something like that.

Thanks though.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    is it updated to 1.3.5.1?

and the hardware sounds normal.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    to turn off data go to the phone application go to preferences under network you can turn it off
    Yeah, I tried that, because that's how my old Pre was too
    but that option isn't there on my new one.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just updated... and it seems to be there now. Thanks!
    The data plan is 'Simply Everything' if she is on Sprint. Are you using Sprint, or Bell?

Edit: question answered before I could even post
  8.    #8  
    Haha, well. It seems like many of you have a Pre that is similar to mine, so that makes me feel better. Sorry for starting a thread about this

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    ...Nevermind, I just updated... and it seems to be there now. Thanks!

LOL.. that'll do it!
    you should be paranoid your iphone is watching!