1.    #1  
    Someone I know who works for VZW texted me today and told me they started training on the Pre today.
    The person said they really like it but said it was slow in response. It's a 3-5 second wait between things.
    They had a extra long in depth training on it too, if I find anything else, I'll let you know.
    Tell them to pay their kids to open and close the slider about 2000 times. After this, your friend should see if [s]he can get it to oreo. If not, then they likely have a "keeper".
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  3.    #3  
    They did not mention pricing. They briefly mentioned homebrew and PreCentral.net. I was texting pics of Filecoaster to make them familiar with homebrew.
    I'll keep you updated.
    You should've texted pics of Preware lol. I think Filecoaster is pretty much dead...
    thanks!

be careful dont get ur friend into trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You should've texted pics of Preware lol. I think Filecoaster is pretty much dead...
    Yea, pretty much
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    FILECOASTER? Thats soooo 4 mos ago!! lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

i never had a plam pre on sprint but am planning on getting one on verizon. So is he saying that the palm pre lags between applications opening up and switching between applications.
    Now i'm wondering if the Plus is really much (if any) faster than ours. What version of webOS are they playing around with?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Now i'm wondering if the Plus is really much (if any) faster than ours. What version of webOS are they playing around with?
    good question. probably either 1.2 or 1.3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    good question. probably either 1.2 or 1.3.5
    Yeah, or maybe even the cursed 1.3.1
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/15/2010 at 09:22 PM.
    3-5 seconds between "things"? What does that even mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baryn View Post
    3-5 seconds between "things"? What does that even mean?
    Probably "things" like any time a new card is opened, or "things" like the infamous lag in the Phone app.
  14.    #14  
    She said it was the same OS as Sprint's, so probably 1.3.5.1.
    I'll probably text her some pics of Preware (I still use Filecoaster).
    As for the lag, I'll try to get more info tomorrow.
    I told her the Pre really rocks when you start using patches and homebrew.
    I told her to come here to learn more.
    the hands on i have read online have said that it is faster switching through apps and running them. However im sure she has had more time with it then someone who only spent a couple minutes for it so hopefully soon we will get some reviews of the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    She said it was the same OS as Sprint's, so probably 1.3.5.1.
    I'll probably text her some pics of Preware (I still use Filecoaster).
    As for the lag, I'll try to get more info tomorrow.
    I told her the Pre really rocks when you start using patches and homebrew.
    I told her to come here to learn more.
    Did it sound like she knew what she was talking about? 'Cause saying; "Same OS" could just mean WebOS, ya know?
    Does she know about the version numbers?
    Am i asking too many questions and being annoying?
    I'm not tryin' to be, just wondering, that's all.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Did it sound like she knew what she was talking about? 'Cause saying; "Same OS" could just mean WebOS, ya know?
    Does she know about the version numbers?
    Am i asking too many questions and being annoying?
    I'm not tryin' to be, just wondering, that's all.
    No, you're just as curious as I am.
    She told me it was same Web OS that Sprint is using, which I would believe is 1.3.5.1.
    I already have my Pre on Sprint but a guy I work with wants to get a VZW Pre so I asked my friend for any info to tell him.
    I'd figure I'd share with everyone here.
    BTW, that lag I was talking about earlier was for BOTH the Pre and Pixi.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    No, you're just as curious as I am.
    She told me it was same Web OS that Sprint is using, which I would believe is 1.3.5.1.
    I already have my Pre on Sprint but a guy I work with wants to get a VZW Pre so I asked my friend for any info to tell him.
    I'd figure I'd share with everyone here.
    BTW, that lag I was talking about earlier was for BOTH the Pre and Pixi.
    Ok, thanx.
    I think the Pre Plus would have almost HAVE to have additional ram and space because of all of big reds' garbage they load on their phones.... pretty sure their going to have their own 'theme' per se and a bunch of 'pre'loaded bs out of the box as with most of their phones....