1.    #1  
    I dont think i have that problem but i can move it a tiny bit. Does every pre move a tiny bit?
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I dont think i have that problem but i can move it a tiny bit. Does every pre move a tiny bit?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
  3.    #3  
    So every pre has a tiny movement?
    So every pre has a tiny movement?
    When closed?
    i can't speak for everyone for my its like a very tiny jiggle
    does it bother you that much?
    are you one of those people who will return it 50x till it turns into a iphone!?
    just kidding.......or am I?
  6.    #6  
    I am bad, but not that bad. I just want to make sure its okay and just like every other pre. It is a very tiny jingle so I think it is perfectly fine. I guess it would be impossible to make a slider phone with 100% no jiggle.

***yes, when closed
    I think there are some people that are just plain impossible to please. If the Pre didn't have a little bit of play in the slider mechanism, it would be damn hard to open. A little play (1/2 to 1 mm) is normal, especially for a vertical slider with a curved architecture.

***yes, when closed
    I don't know. But the term "oreo effect" -- as in "My Pre has a loose, twisty slider, and it's driving me crazy because I know I paid good money for what is supposed to be a quality, flagship phone" -- was made famous here for a reason.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/15/2010 at 07:05 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Not complaining at all. I love using my pre everyday. Just want to make sure its not sick!
    Boy I dont know, but I have had my Pre since July and have never experienced even the slightest, of what everyone seems to calle Oreo Effect.

Am I the only one? I cant believe mine is the ONLY Pre that doesnt "wiggle"????
    Not complaining at all. I love using my pre everyday. Just want to make sure its not sick!
    to my way of thinking, if it doesn't bother you, then it's not sick. if it bothered you, then there is a problem. mine has a little wiggle too, but i'm okay with it. i've seen horizontal sliders with as much wiggle as i've got.

as long as we (the people using our phones) are happy, then there's not a problem. it could be said that other people are too picky and cannot be pleased, and it could be said that i'm too lax, and don't get upset when i should...i guess to each their own.

glad to hear you're enjoying your new Pre, have fun and let us know if you need any help with anything
    Not speaking of you. I've seen countless threads from people that have returned several Pre because of the "Oreo" effect.
    There will be a little side-side movement in the Pre's... it's normal. The "oreo" effect is applicable if the movement is really severe. Future devices will minimize this completely, but don't worry or think your device is malfunctioning if you feel it move a bit. I was VERY worried about this when I first got mine and was very (overly) afraid to move the slider around opening and closing because I thought I would break it or make it worse. I use it normally now and slap it open and closed. It takes it and have had not problems.
    The hard case from the Sprint store will eliminate the oreo effect. Its an awesome case. I had others on my pre, but they did not remove the oreo effect. I cant post a link or i would, but its $29.99 on the Sprint website under accesories. I got mine directly form my Sprint store.