Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by bigneeker View Post
    has anyone tried this guy: UNLOCK CODE for MEXICO TELCEL TELCELL PALM PRE - eBay (item 180474514918 end time Mar-28-10 14:02:28 PDT)

he says he can unlock telcel pre.

let me know if it works because I would definitely get a telcel pre and use it on att 3g
    If anyone uses this company and it's legit, please post here. I sold my Telcel Pre to B-E-A-S-T, but would gladly buy another once this unlock has been verified. (his feedback is 98.2% Positive feedback)

Thanks,
    Barry
    They are an actual company in north of Toronto. Google search returned this:

MykleCell - Home
    170 West Beaver Creek Road
    Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1L6
    (416) 688-8889
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    HOLLY F*CKING SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M BUYING ONE OF THESE RIGHT NOW (monday 1 AM)

I'll be reporting back...

PD: I was selling my PRE, THIS WEEKEND.
    THANKS GOD IT WAS NOT SELLED YET!!!
  4.    #64  
    I bought one unlock code from eBay with my IMEI and they just returned my funds saying the code was not in their database...I sent Barry the paypal refund with their explanation...sorry guys I was excited about this too...
    Quote Originally Posted by B-E-A-S-T View Post
    I bought one unlock code from eBay with my IMEI and they just returned my funds saying the code was not in their database...I sent Barry the paypal refund with their explanation...sorry guys I was excited about this too...
    What a bummer.

Wonder why they've posted an eBay auction specifically for unlocking the "Telcel" Palm Pre?

Anyone in Canada care to give them a call to find out?
    MykleCell Inc. 416-688-8889

Thanks,
    Barry
    mmm this is interesting, my theory is that they have (or will have, in the short time) the unlock codes, but MAYBE they opened an auction on eBay "too early" (I already checked their website and there isn't something about Telcel at all).

Maybe in some days they will have the codes, and that info will also appear in their website.

Another interesting thing: if you search "Telcel Palm" on eBay, it returns 3 auctions about the Palm Pre, the Palm Pro and the Treo 750. So I think that my theory is in fact correct.

I have a REALLY GOOD feeling about all of this guys.
    Last edited by aguilera_reyes; 03/01/2010 at 11:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aguilera_reyes View Post
    mmm this is interesting, my theory is that they have (or will have, in the short time) the unlock codes, but MAYBE they opened an auction on eBay "too early" (I already checked their website and there isn't something about Telcel at all).

Maybe in some days they will have the codes, and that info will also appear in their website.

Another interesting thing: if you search "Telcel Palm" on eBay, it returns 3 auctions about the Palm Pre, the Palm Pro and the Treo 750. So I think that my theory is in fact correct.

I have a REALLY GOOD feeling about all of this guys.
    In the meantime, here's something else to try because one thing I never attempted was to flash the 1.04 Sprint WebOS Doctor image to my locked Telcel Palm Pre during testing with the RebelSIM II card. I only went as far back as EU WebOS 1.1.3 during testing. (Kicking myself repeatedly now!)

If you have a RebelSIM II card and a locked Telcel Palm Pre you want to try to unlock with a RebelSIM II card, you can try the following steps. If they work, I will become a monkey's uncle, but someone please try it and report the results back here.

1). Download this to your PC:

2). Back up your Media Partition (EVERYTHING)!

3). Install file downloaded above it to your locked Telcel Pre (Power your Pre off first, then plug in the USB cable connected to your PC into your Telcel Pre while pressing the up volume button to get into USB bootloader mode) then double click the jar file:

4). After installation your Pre will reboot. With This OS, Activation is bypassed. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT STAGE for Telcel Palm Pre owners who want to know if their Pre is unlocked for use on other carriers with the RebelSIM II card. After it reboots does your Telcel Pre come up with the "enter Network Subsidy Unlock Code" screen or not? If it does, then this is a dead end and you can go ahead and WebOS Doctor your Pre to whichever image you were previously using, BUT IF IT DOES NOT POWER UP TO THE "ENTER NETWORK SUBSIDY UNLOCK CODE" SCREEN, then we have a viable solution which should allow the Telcel Palm pre to work on AT&T's 3G network OR ANY NETWORK with a Rebel SIM II card. There are several steps necessary from this point to get the device connected to the network and then updated to WebOS 1.4.0, however knowing what the results are at this point in the process is very important, PLEASE POST RESULTS HERE IN THIS THREAD.

Here is a brief synopsis of the remaining steps to get the device conected and updated to WebOS 1.4.0, but I am not going to spend a lot of time detailing them until we know if it is worthwhile to do so.

Once again, If the enter network subsidy unlock code screen did not appear at power up after installing the above file, then please stop before continuing and notify us in this thread.

5). You will be seeing SOS only, but after toggeling 'Auto network, and re-selecting your carrier, you should be able to connect to it.
    6). Hopefully now you can connect to your carrier's network without any further modification, if so, you can download and install OTA WebOS 1.4.0 for Sprint.
    7). If you cannot connect yet, but you didn't see the enter network subsidy unlock code screen when you first powered up, have faith, we will do all we can to get you where you want to go (working Telcel palm Pre on another carriers network). Let us know your device status here.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 03/02/2010 at 09:36 AM.
    Hey guys,

I've been following this thread since the beginning and decided to register so that I could post questions but at this point, there's really nothing to ask except: Are there any new advancements with getting it to work with Rogers? Should I purchase one over another? Should I wait like I've been doing since last August?

I'm tired of using my iPhone and I have quietly been hacking phone for about 4-5 years with other's information/trials/errors. I have lost a phone or 2 along the way tho.

I appreciate any info on this matter and keep up the great work guys!

Cheers,
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy101 View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been following this thread since the beginning and decided to register so that I could post questions but at this point, there's really nothing to ask except: Are there any new advancements with getting it to work with Rogers? Should I purchase one over another? Should I wait like I've been doing since last August?

I'm tired of using my iPhone and I have quietly been hacking phone for about 4-5 years with other's information/trials/errors. I have lost a phone or 2 along the way tho.

I appreciate any info on this matter and keep up the great work guys!

Cheers,
    It already works. You need an older 32K SIM though. B-E-A-S-T has two working on Fido.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

10.    #70  
    Yup, one working on Fido and the other on Rogers...both with 3G working....RebelSIM and a 32k or 64k SIM is needed...haven't upgraded to 1.4 though...
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I'm pretty sure a 32K Rogers SIM will work however you'll probably need to add the Rogers network info, or edit the carrier network apn settings file.

Thanks,
    Barry
    I managed to get a hold of a 32k Rogers sim card.

Sadly, it still doesn't seem to work. I tried it once with the 32k alone, and it asks for an unblock code. I then tried it with the 32k and the Rebel. It gets around the unblock code, and I do see bars while it searches, but then it just goes back to SOS only.

It might be that I need to enter the network settings manually, but there only seems to be an option in the Pre to enter APN and MMS settings, not the network.

Ideas anyone? Recall this is a Palm Pre locked to O2 in the UK, not a Telcel.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgraper01 View Post
    I managed to get a hold of a 32k Rogers sim card.

Sadly, it still doesn't seem to work. I tried it once with the 32k alone, and it asks for an unblock code. I then tried it with the 32k and the Rebel. It gets around the unblock code, and I do see bars while it searches, but then it just goes back to SOS only.

It might be that I need to enter the network settings manually, but there only seems to be an option in the Pre to enter APN and MMS settings, not the network.

Ideas anyone? Recall this is a Palm Pre locked to O2 in the UK, not a Telcel.
    You can relax because you've now managed to make it past the hardest part, bypassing the "Enter Network Subsidy Unlock Code Screen" with your 32K Rogers SIM and the RSC.

I have been away for awhile and have not read your prior posts. I'm assuming you already know that the O2 UK Pre will NOT connect to the Rogers/Fido 3G data network. Your EU device will be limited to 2G/EDGE data connections on Rogers/Fido's network due to frequency differences between Europe and North America.

Try this first: Go to the phone app. On the preferences screen, choose 2G only for your data connection, and also enable "data roaming" These two changes might get you up and running on 2G unless you've already jumped in head first and entered some manual APN settings.

If that didn't work, before doing anything else, go to the device info app and check your WebOS version. If your version is 1.4.0 STOP NOW!!!!!!!!!!! RSC and WebOS 1.4 don't like each other, so to work around this problem, you'll either need to create and install WebOS 1.3.x or earlier using WebOS Meta-Doctor OR you'll need to flash the modem firmware using the method described here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2277400

If your WebOS version is 1.3.x or lower OR your WebOS version is 1.4.0 but you've flashed your modem firmware, you can proceed. You're just a couple steps from having your locked O2 UK Pre on the Rogers/Fido network with a RSC and a Rogers 32K SIM.

Try this step again: Go to the phone app. On the preferences screen, choose 2G only for your data connection, and also enable "data roaming" These two changes might get you up and running on 2G unless you've already jumped in head first and entered some manual APN settings.

If your still not connecting with the changes I've suggested above, take a few minutes, streach out, then follow the steps in this post by B-E-A-S-T and you should be good to go! (You may be able to start with step 4)

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2207987

Step 2: Meta-Doctor WebOS Doctor to bypass Activation
    Step 3: Using Wi-Fi Create Palm Profile with First Use application
    Step 4: Enable Developer Mode and USB Connect the Phone in Just Charging Mode to your laptop
    Step 5: Download WebOS Quick Install and Launch Application
    Step 6: Copy CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 to your desktop (from /usr/lib/luna/)
    Step 7: Using SQlite Browser Edit the Carrier file to include/correct your carrier settings
    Step 8: Copy options-gsm from /etc/ppp/ using WebOS QI
    Step 9: Using TextEdit add the user and password settings to the bottom of the page of options-gsm
    Step 10: Using WebOS QI copy back the options-gsm modified file to the original location AND the CarrierSettings modified file to the /usr/lib/luna/ and /var/luna/data/ as the destination folders
    Step 11: Cut SIM Card and Attach RebelSIM (Make Sure you are in Mode 1 -- us an old nokia phone to get to the Rebel menu to change modes if needed)...Insert into phone
    Step 12: Restart Phone

TTB
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 03/30/2010 at 04:42 AM.
    How do i tell what Rogers sim card i have?

It only has Rogers AT&T with some phone numbers on it.
    Does it say something like SM32 on it?

If it has markings like U.01 it's a new SIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Does it say something like SM32 on it?

If it has markings like U.01 it's a new SIM.
    Looks the same as this one except it says Rogers AT&T on it instead of just Rogers

Maybe its too outdated?
    That's a new card. Check the third row.

4000 - Rogers new cards
    3030, 3040 - Rogers 32k cards

U.O1, U.O2 - Fido new cards
    ST32, SM32 - Fido 32k cards

Found another site (in Chinese) that identifies Rogers/Fido cards:
    [測試] DoCoMo 905i 對加拿大 Sim Card 配 Hyper Card 的情況測試 ~ - Mobile01 討論群組

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    You can relax because you've now managed to make it past the hardest part, bypassing the "Enter Network Subsidy Unlock Code Screen" with your 32K Rogers SIM and the RSC.

I have been away for awhile and have not read your prior posts. I'm assuming you already know that the O2 UK Pre will NOT connect to the Rogers/Fido 3G data network. Your EU device will be limited to 2G/EDGE data connections on Rogers/Fido's network due to frequency differences between Europe and North America.

Try this first: Go to the phone app. On the preferences screen, choose 2G only for your data connection, and also enable "data roaming" These two changes might get you up and running on 2G unless you've already jumped in head first and entered some manual APN settings.

If that didn't work, before doing anything else, go to the device info app and check your WebOS version. If your version is 1.4.0 STOP NOW!!!!!!!!!!! RSC and WebOS 1.4 don't like each other, so to work around this problem, you'll either need to create and install WebOS 1.3.x or earlier using WebOS Meta-Doctor OR you'll need to flash the modem firmware using the method described here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2277400

If your WebOS version is 1.3.x or lower OR your WebOS version is 1.4.0 but you've flashed your modem firmware, you can proceed. You're just a couple steps from having your locked O2 UK Pre on the Rogers/Fido network with a RSC and a Rogers 32K SIM.

Try this step again: Go to the phone app. On the preferences screen, choose 2G only for your data connection, and also enable "data roaming" These two changes might get you up and running on 2G unless you've already jumped in head first and entered some manual APN settings.

If your still not connecting with the changes I've suggested above, take a few minutes, streach out, then follow the steps in this post by B-E-A-S-T and you should be good to go! (You may be able to start with step 4)

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2207987

Step 2: Meta-Doctor WebOS Doctor to bypass Activation
    Step 3: Using Wi-Fi Create Palm Profile with First Use application
    Step 4: Enable Developer Mode and USB Connect the Phone in Just Charging Mode to your laptop
    Step 5: Download WebOS Quick Install and Launch Application
    Step 6: Copy CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 to your desktop (from /usr/lib/luna/)
    Step 7: Using SQlite Browser Edit the Carrier file to include/correct your carrier settings
    Step 8: Copy options-gsm from /etc/ppp/ using WebOS QI
    Step 9: Using TextEdit add the user and password settings to the bottom of the page of options-gsm
    Step 10: Using WebOS QI copy back the options-gsm modified file to the original location AND the CarrierSettings modified file to the /usr/lib/luna/ and /var/luna/data/ as the destination folders
    Step 11: Cut SIM Card and Attach RebelSIM (Make Sure you are in Mode 1 -- us an old nokia phone to get to the Rebel menu to change modes if needed)...Insert into phone
    Step 12: Restart Phone

TTB
    TTB thanks very much for this. Sadly, I think Steps 6 through 12 are beyond my capacities and available time. Once again, I repeat, the world is full of sadness.

HOWEVER...there's an LCBO gift card for anyone in Toronto who might like to help me get this thing going quickly. Private msg me!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234