1.    #1  
    My palm pre crashed when applying a patch yesterday, i couldnt do anything so I tryed to turn it off but it wouldnt turn off so i did a soft reset.
    Now when i try to turn it on it just displays the "Palm" logo anddoesnt do anything im really stuck any advice woudl be greatfully appreciated.
    I would run WebOSdoc. This seems to fix most problems. Beware It will resent the phone to the factory settings. Reboot and login into your palm account.

How did you install the patch? WebOSquickinstall?

B
    what patch was it so i can avoid it lol
    So many bugs on these phones geez. seems like ppl spend more tome fixing them than using tha dam things lol!!!!!!!!!!!
  5.    #5  
    hey there been doing a bit reseach, seems like im not the only one with this problem. I have tryed running webos doctor but it keeps stopping at like 10% which is also another common problem except there seems to be no way around it.
    I have tryed running web doc like 15 times re stalled java got the newest web doc client. But nothing seems to work i have even tryed holding down the up volume key but still stops at 10%. very strange and im all out of ideas now.
    if the phone is stuck on palm logo screen does that mean its bricked?
    p.s. if i coudl re install the factory settings i would mind at all but i dont know of any other way to do it, damn im missing my windows mobile device so much easier to fix stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKINGDxX View Post
    So many bugs on these phones geez. seems like ppl spend more tome fixing them than using tha dam things lol!!!!!!!!!!!
    You have no idea what you're talking about. My guess is you don't even have a Pre. If people take time to read and be careful there's very few problems. I've put a zillion patches on my phone and never had one problem.

Plus the phone is almost impossible to brick, which can't be said of a lot of phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKINGDxX View Post
    To repeat thekarens point, you certainly don't know what you are talking about.

The OP's problems arose when trying to apply an unofficial patch to the phone. Anybody with an ounce of common sense realises that it you apply patches, at some point you may have problems. At lease we have that option, together with an effective, Palm provided, recovery process.
  8.    #8  
    wasnt tyring to start anargument here guys just looking for a solution, but the way out of this now is guess to sendmy phone back. As i have patches and unofficial things on it will they be able to detect that if i sned it back and if so this will obviously void my warranty and advice?
    Thank you for everyones input.
    Have you pulled the battery. My Pre got stuck there I pulled the battery reinserted the battery held the volume button up and the power button at the same time and it came back on.
  10.    #10  
    yeah have tryed thats cheers buddy. its wierd thos because it will getas far as the palm logo and just stop imean i left it half ab hour once before pulling the battery out! I dont think its bricked because it wouldnt come on at all if it was, mypalm hasfrozen a coupleoftimesmaybe it has just last the will to live lol.