1.    #1  
    Check out what happened when i happened to be messing around with "Jstop" and quit the launcher process. I then tried to open the launcher page through the dock and was unable. When I clicked on the top left corner where it says Launcher it suddenly opened up in to a card. Interestingly enough I could still launch apps from this "Launcher Card" and manipulate it as any other card. Pretty interesting what do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Check out noagendashow.com assassinating lamestream media!
    That is some crazy ****.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Omg we need a patch for this that is awesome lol...
    Aint that just sumthin'
    cool man! *sniff sniff* i think i smell a sweet patch.
    DBD likes it
    coool, and I can even duplicate that behavior. its a bit different from the normal launcher as I've put the background scrim to be transparent and when it's in a card like this it's just completely gray. and unlike yours, there's no grayed out area on the bottom where the quick launch bar should be, I guess because I've hidden it on the real launcher. that's funky!
    WOW! and for us older 4-eyed folks. The screen is small enough. That would kill me.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    coool, and I can even duplicate that behavior. its a bit different from the normal launcher as I've put the background scrim to be transparent and when it's in a card like this it's just completely gray. and unlike yours, there's no grayed out area on the bottom where the quick launch bar should be, I guess because I've hidden it on the real launcher. that's funky!
    When it's grayed out like that I just use the wave if necessary. Btw any ideas of what could be done with this if it even serves any utility?
    You find any draw backs or side effects to doing this?

How do you bring up the launcher page/pages, dose the swipe up from the gesture area still pull up the launcher page?

Dose it go back to normal with a softreset?

Just a few questions. TY
  11. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Wow that is wild!
    thats kind of dope.. i guess
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    You find any draw backs or side effects to doing this?

How do you bring up the launcher page/pages, dose the swipe up from the gesture area still pull up the launcher page?

Dose it go back to normal with a softreset?

Just a few questions. TY
    The only ovious drawback is the fact that you can't swipe up to bring up the launcher. Aside from that when the card is in full screen mode there is no difference or lack of funtionality. Finally there is no softreset needed only a luna restart.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    cool man! *sniff sniff* i think i smell a sweet patch.
    It's definitely a cool find, but I don't see why anyone would make a patch for this. What exactly would be a benefit of running the launcher as a card? It seems fine the way it is.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    +1
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    It's definitely a cool find, but I don't see why anyone would make a patch for this. What exactly would be a benefit of running the launcher as a card? It seems fine the way it is.
    would it lower Ram usage?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    would it lower Ram usage?
    yes I think it will lower ram usage because it's one less process thats being used.
    hmm yes in fact i was just about to chime in about this being a very interesting find but somewhat useless (aside from the technical knowledge gained)

however, combined with the hidden launcher bar, this makes for quite the clean setup

personally im not married to the swipe up for launcher ability, so to get rid of that and at the same time kill the launcher process while the card is minimized and/or not in view to free up even a tiny bit of ram is groovy with me!