1.    #1  
    I sent a text of "HAITI" to 90999 like it's posted everywhere, but I get an error "this shortcode has expired" or something like that. I've read elsewhere it's a sprint issue. Am I the only one, and does someone have a fix?
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    I donated two days ago and had no problems. I know they also accepted the code "HELP"
    Just did it this AM -- no problem with Pre or Sprint here.

Regards,
    Tom
    I just donated a couple of hours ago and had no problems.
  5.    #5  
    Huh, I'll do it again, and if it did go through the first time I don't mind going again.
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    I had no problem, just make sure after you get the confirmation that you donated that you text stop to the # because I believe that it is a recurring charge.
    Unless of course you plan on donating each month.
    I will have to say this donating through text message is brilliant. It has created a record amount of donations. I love it when I see technology being used this way. I donated 2 days ago with no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    I had no problem, just make sure after you get the confirmation that you donated that you text stop to the # because I believe that it is a recurring charge.
    Unless of course you plan on donating each month.
    No it's not. It just means, if you read it, that you will get text messages (I think it said up to 4 per month) about progress being made. I opted to receive them, and I think it is a nice followup to making a donation.

Yeah I've been telling everyone I can, including someone in line at the DMV yesterday. She had already donated!
    It worked when I did it the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    No it's not. It just means, if you read it, that you will get text messages (I think it said up to 4 per month) about progress being made. I opted to receive them, and I think it is a nice followup to making a donation.

Yeah I've been telling everyone I can, including someone in line at the DMV yesterday. She had already donated!
    It is an excellent way to donate and Im glad I did. I wasnt sure about the recurring charge.
    I reread the text I received and you are right about the updates, but it really should be noted that it is only a one time charge.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I had no problem. Just donated this morning.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I text 'YELE' to 501501 twice on two different days and got the same error as the OP?
    Are you supposed to receive a confirmation after the second confirming "YES" txt? I assumed I'd get something to verify the donation went through.
    I just donated no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by krusenkevin View Post
    Are you supposed to receive a confirmation after the second confirming "YES" txt? I assumed I'd get something to verify the donation went through.
    Yes. I did. After the second one I replied stop and got another one saying I won't be messaged anymore.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    it hasn't worked for me. I get the same "this shortcode has expired" msg. It happens for all shortcodes, even before the donation thing. I thought it was a Sprint thing but apparently most of yall aren't having this problem. Sprint had no explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtone View Post
    it hasn't worked for me. I get the same "this shortcode has expired" msg. It happens for all shortcodes, even before the donation thing. I thought it was a Sprint thing but apparently most of yall aren't having this problem. Sprint had no explanation.
    Ive been having problems w/ the shortcode for months!

Nobody wants to help me either, every time I post this i just get "it works for me".

I have chalked it up to a patch problem! not sure which as I dont use shortcode often at all so I just gave up.

Maybe youll have better luck getting help on this one than I did!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Yeah its really strange. Well I dont have any patches or anything like that, just a few homebrew apps.
    I just did it & it went through fine. The message says to "reply STOP to cancel." Sounds like if you reply STOP that the charge is cancelled, not the future messages.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Well I know when I had my treo I called and had a restriction placed on my account for certain texts that carried a charge with them. I would assume its removed? I know I cant get any conformation texts via shortcode or verification texts from websites such as yahoo, or evite. anytime i hit send verification code to cell nothing happens?