1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I'm in the process of getting a GSM Pre from Germany for use in Sweden. I want to do my research well, so that when I eventually start complaining about it you can't say I should have researched it better.. oh, and it's good to now before ordering..

My question right now is if the Pre has delivery reports for sms text messages. I've looked through the british manual but I couldn't find enough details about sms sending and receiving to say for sure. For me this is functionality that is implied and fundamental to text messaging but then I realised that Palm is an american company and launched webos on CDMA so all bets are off.

When starting this topic the forum software suggested some threads (way Precentral!) including one where a devliery notification patch is requested. I'm just not sure if that is gsm specific..

/K
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    When you hit send on an SMS, the text you have just sent becomes grey in colour.

When the SMS reaches its destination, the text becomes black again.

So it may not be the delivery report we're used to with other GSM networks, but at least its confirmation that the SMS got to its destination - which is good enough for me.
    Indeed I like it even more than on my previous feature phone...kind of neat confirmation.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    When you hit send on an SMS, the text you have just sent becomes grey in colour.

When the SMS reaches its destination, the text becomes black again.

So it may not be the delivery report we're used to with other GSM networks, but at least its confirmation that the SMS got to its destination - which is good enough for me.
    This is just confirming that the sms was sent, there are some threads discussing it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ification.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...firmation.html
    in the above links , i found out that in UAE dubai on Etisalat sim, I can type *N# then the message to receive delivery report sms from the smsc server number.

i find it to be nice, since i don't want delivery report to be on all the time.

if some one can make a patch to input this code (which is different on different carriers) to the sms's then it will be cool.
    NO delivery confirmation
    only confirmation that it was SENT from your phone, not recieved by the sender..

As for getting a Pre from germany, if you can wait i'd say wait.

Also see whats happening in the summer, apple are to release something, that might bring prices down etc.
    Also get it from somebody reliable, because if its one of those faulty Pre's who you gonna call?!(oreo effect, mic problem, screen problem etc).
    Taken from the other thread:

UK Mobile Networks
    O2 prefix *0#
    Orange prefix RCT
    T Mobile prefix *0#
    Orange prefox RCT
    Vodafone – No code exists for Vodafone
    Virgin prefix *0#

US Cell Networks
    T–Mobile prefix *noti#

Swedish networks:
    Telia prefix *kv#
    3 prefix *kv#
    tele2 prefix kv# (tested and it works)

Other Mobile Networks
    Turkey Turkcell prefix *N#
    Greece Vodafone GR prefix *#
    Holland T-mobile prefix NM#
    Belgium Proximus *R*
    Spain Movistar prefix *N#
    Vodacom / Mtn prefix rrr
    Singapore SINGTEL #R#
    Brasil Oi prefix *N#

Adding it manually works but it's not very stylish is it... It would be great with some way to turn it on or off automatically instead.