1.    #1  
    Got my new Pre about 2 weeks ago, began with WebOs 1.3.5 and now up to 1.3.5.1.... As a former Treo 700P owner, I am for the most part very pleased with the new Pre.

For the record, I have only downloaded apps from the catalog and not from the homebrew side (although I would love some of them!)... been kinda scared to do the homebrew thing due to the issues I have read on the forum.

Had a few oddball things: I think if somehow my case got pressed too hard against the screen, some things would not open that are on the lower ribbon, such as the phone app. Learned just to keep it open and also not get the screen in a pressed situation! Is this a bug?? - haven't noticed any comments on this in other posts. Hasn't happened that much- about 3 times and I think each time the screen had had minor pressure on it in the holster (the seat belt pressed it). (more detail: I could touch the item- mail or phone - and it "registered" the touch, but nothing would happen. However, other apps would open from the previously closed launcher)

I do wish tasks would interplay with the calendar (I see Google now has tasks but despite looking like another "calendar" layover it doesn't yet seem to work on the Pre calendar) kind of like the treo did (well, technically they weren't on the calendar but a type of agenda feature showed the days events and things that were due). Also, tasks in the treo could have colors associated with them (ie., school, work, personal, etc). Anything similar on the Pre?

Battery life has been tremendous. I admit I am not using many apps constantly and am not using battery intensive items like navigation constantly. For example, my battery is still showing green right now (basically noon) after being off the charger at 7 this morning. Yesterday it was still green in the evening, although only not that many calls were made and primarily text messaging/email was used. (email set to 1/2 hr). Even when I am fringe and roaming, the battery life has been superior to the treo under the same circumstances.

Absolutely love the calendar and contact sync with Google. I also appreciate the backup with Palm, hope to never have to use it.

Camera is a heck of a step up from the treo (the flash scared me not knowing there was one the first time it worked) but does anyone know how to "date stamp" the pictures like the treo would do? I was surprised no make a video or "movie" capability but I know this will be restored in February with 1.4

Finally, I cannot find an application like in the old treo apps whereby I could search for a person or business, find it, (the program looked like a "T" in the icon, can't recall its name) and THEN ADD THAT INFO (address/name/phone number) into my contacts. This was free on the Treo, but I really miss it and am quite willing to pay for it now.

Enough for now, any thoughts on some of the ramblings above would sincerely be appreciated. Thanks in advance...
    Quote Originally Posted by taylork View Post
    I do wish tasks would interplay with the calendar (I see Google now has tasks but despite looking like another "calendar" layover it doesn't yet seem to work on the Pre calendar) kind of like the treo did (well, technically they weren't on the calendar but a type of agenda feature showed the days events and things that were due). Also, tasks in the treo could have colors associated with them (ie., school, work, personal, etc). Anything similar on the Pre?
    There's a program that's sort of a "Tasks +" type program that will do tasks and add them to the calendar. It's very similar to Brainforest on the Treo. Don't let the "outline" nature of the program scare you away, it does tasks very well. Not cheap ($23.50), but it looks promising.

Outline Tracker Features
    For the record, I have only downloaded apps from the catalog and not from the homebrew side (although I would love some of them!)... been kinda scared to do the homebrew thing due to the issues I have read on the forum.
    Easy to do and don't be scared. It only becomes an issue at webOS update time whereby you need to un-install all patches by simply running a downloadabe script (Preware) or clicking a single button in WOSQI. Homebrew apps do not require un-install.

Had a few oddball things: I think if somehow my case got pressed too hard against the screen, some things would not open that are on the lower ribbon, such as the phone app. Learned just to keep it open and also not get the screen in a pressed situation! Is this a bug?? - haven't noticed any comments on this in other posts. Hasn't happened that much- about 3 times and I think each time the screen had had minor pressure on it in the holster (the seat belt pressed it). (more detail: I could touch the item- mail or phone - and it "registered" the touch, but nothing would happen. However, other apps would open from the previously closed launcher)
    Try tapping the Icon. Touching it with any duration longer than a quick tap is reserved for dragging the icon off the launcher dock and will not execute the app.

"There's an app for that" for the agenda / 'Today'-like sceen.

Finally, I cannot find an application like in the old treo apps whereby I could search for a person or business, find it, (the program looked like a "T" in the icon, can't recall its name) and THEN ADD THAT INFO (address/name/phone number) into my contacts. This was free on the Treo, but I really miss it and am quite willing to pay for it now.
    Install the app "Where" or "Yelp"
  4.    #4  
    I really appreciate all the help! Thanks again! Also, the tip on tapping versus "holding down" makes all the sense in the world...
    I really appreciate all the help! Thanks again! Also, the tip on tapping versus "holding down" makes all the sense in the world...
    Did that work?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Did that work?
    yes, it did. thanks for the help!