1.    #1  
    Ok so here's the dealio:

I'm a Canadian using Bell mobility so I can't use the "official" App Catalog

When I use the "App Catalog" app I can go in and install apps no probs.

When I use pre-ware and go into the homebrew apps I can install apps no probs.

The trouble arises when I use PREWARE and through preware go into the "App Catalog" section --- I can't install these why not ? Is this because I'm in Canada ? Because alot of the apps I see in there are NOT on my "App Catalog" official app listing ... alot seem new

here is the error code:

"An error occured, return value: 22
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 2: 'wget -passive-ftp -q -P /tmp/ipkg-ZB8YMs http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/palm-catalog/(null)'
    failed to download com.spyderspeak.mygps perhaps you need to run 'ipkg update'?
    Collected errors:
    sh: syntax error "(" unexpected

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: failed during "install" operation

I have a suspicion that the AppCatalog section of Preware won't work for Canadians?

and I checked and I have the Package Manager Service.

Help!
  2.    #2  
    ok so i updated to the latest preware (0.9.16) and now the AppCatalog feed is GONE

why is this ?????????
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I actually had the same problem. Apps only downloaded from PreWare. I ended up having to use WebOS Dr and resetting my Pre to factory settings. Works great now, just lost my preware .
    Having the same issue...can't download anything from App Catalog. Each downlaod attempt ends in 'install failed'. I can only suspect the Package Manage Service is the issue after I updated that file. I un-installed it - then re-installed - still no luck.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Just do the Webos dr. it sucks but it works.
  6.    #6  
    use the emergency migration tool via preware

only way to fix it