Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    my pre got wet so i tried the rice idea..i took a pot, added rice and cover my pre with it.. went back to my room to play some wii.. my wife arrived from work and thought it was nice of me setting up the rice for dinner.. so guess what? she added some water and a little bit of salt.. 45 mins later i smell some good rice/w chicken. turned out to be rice/w pre

ohh nooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    my pre got wet so i tried the rice idea..i took a pot, added rice and cover my pre with it.. went back to my room to play some wii.. my wife arrived from work and thought it was nice of me setting up the rice for dinner.. so guess what? she added some water and a little bit of salt.. 45 mins later i smell some good rice/w chicken. turned out to be rice/w pre

ohh nooooooo
    Haha lol.
    Damned if you did - damned if you didn't.
    i lol'ed @ rice with pre lol. but that sucks man sorry to hear that
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Unfortunate, but this is the best "dunking" story to date. Your pre is now probably especially dirty. Hopefully it did not get wet in the toilet and if so, hopefully your wife did not eat any rice!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROTFLMAO

This is a good one. I guess now you are up for an insurance claim with Sprint - sure hope you have it. I'm sorry that your bad luck made my day. Good luck with it.

For those looking to experiment with a wet Pre and rice, I highly recommend the baggie method, kept locked up in the glove compartment of your car.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    wow, you cant make this stuff up...

how bad did it break up if any? I mean did the heat warp it, etc?
    Ohhh man!!!! That is just wayyyy to bad!! I just got done laughing a minute ago but atleast you mad a few people day today!!! You might be able to get an insurance claim for that though. Just another $100 to get a new one. Oh, and PLEASE post some pics of the broiled PRE!!!!!!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post

ohh nooooooo
    You know the mantra here ... pics or it didn't happen!
    So....how'd it taste?
    Yes... Pics....Pics....Pics..... I want one for my wallpaper.
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I'm thinking it would take at least four cups of uncooked rice to cover a Pre in a pot where it wouldn't immediately become visible if someone added water to it. Most people would notice a big black object sitting in a pot of white rice. That would be enough to feed something like 10 people. Are you sure you didn't just make this up?
    4 cups? 10 people?

Have you got really big cups in the US or tiny appitites or something? My rule is 1 cup per person and 1 for the pot. 2-3 of my cups would comfortably cover my Pre in a small pan.

I want pictures though, sorry for your problems OP but I'm afraid this made me LOL.
    What are you talking about? We have normal cups just the same as you that are 2 feet in diameter. 4 cups can easily feed 10 people!!!
    - John Wayne

HEY GRANDPA... WHAT'S FOR SUPPER?

Were havin fried chicken so crisp and hot,
    With Pre cooked Rice, make sure and take a lot.
    There’s green beans, and fatback, and biscuits with butter,
    And cold cold milk, straight from the udder.
    And fer desert, get ya some pie,
    There’s sweet tater, apple, and of course yer favorite shoo-fly.

YUMMMM YUMMMMM

Classic.
    Glad you have a sense of humor about it.
    Last edited by GenericMusings; 01/15/2010 at 12:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Though unfortunate....hillarious!
    -Sent from my Palm Pre
    Oh nooooooo! Did your Pre get wet b/c the sprinklers came on while you were playing sports, not tennis, but sports on a tennis court?
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    45min. later? That some looooooong grain. Try a little curry to spice up the keyboard.
    So, you had Pre-cooked Rice, eh?

My second Treo (a 300) was dropped into a bowl of gumbo while I was "shoulder talking" and eating at the same time. Your story is better.
    that sucks sorry man
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Oh snap!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast