Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I may be a day late and a dollar short, but I just found out that Jason Robitaille WebOS Repair Utility has been upgraded and is currently compatible with WebOS v1.3.5.1 (Sprint/Bell Pre/Pixi), 1.3.1 (GSM Pre), and 1.2.5 (Telcel Pre)to handle OS Ver 1.3.5.1

You can download the new version here.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html
    Last edited by bobwill; 01/15/2010 at 08:10 AM.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    This guy is probably one of the best Pre/WebOS developers.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post

I agree. Wonder what he does for a living??
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Wow this guy has done a lot lol
    Seem not yet support GSM 1.3.5.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwill View Post
    I agree. Wonder what he does for a living??
    Currently full time Computer Science student at University of Manitoba, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by wroy12 View Post
    Seem not yet support GSM 1.3.5.2.
    1.3.5.2 webOS Doctor has yet to be released, but let's just say I have my ways to know when it's released. Once it is, I'll have an update.

Also, be sure to remember, I do have own forum section here. C'mon down down and feel free to chat around there. Even mundane random things. Just somehow tie it to me/my software and the mods shouldn't feel need to move it, lol.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Just donated! Please donate to help him make these awesome patches!!!!!!! I am praying for a patch to get rid of the "drag to unlock screen"
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    WERD! All the dev's are great, Jason is great cuz he gives us lazy folks an easy way to do everything we want to our Pre...... and the when we FUBAR something he gives us a great way to fix our Pre.

Thanks to him and all the other dev's for not only developing the software and/or patches but for keeping up on the updating of the software and/or patches.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Preware stopped working after the Bell 1.3.5.1 update. After uninstalling package manager and preware, reinstallation of package manager works fine but trying to reinstall preware, I get spinning progress wheel, connection refused error in webosqi and the phone locks up with a too many cards open error. I have no other cards open. I have to remove the battery to get the phone back up again. Repeated attempts result in the same failure. Developer mode is on and all other app installations have no issues using webosqi.

I'm using latest versions of webosqi, package manager service, and preware files.

I am now attempting to use the webos repair utility which is looking for the correct webosdoctor.jar file. I've downloaded the current bell webos doctor version which is a zip file. When I unzip this file, there is no jar file to make the webos repair utility happy.

Update: I simply renamed the bell webos doctor zip file with the file name extension changed to .jar. Webos Repair is running now. Hopefully this will allow the reinstallation of preware.

Attempts to use the download utility in the webos repair jar program will not complete and the download always fails with an incomplete download.

How can I use the zip file to make available a jar file for webos repair? Looking in the zip archive and after unzipping, no jar file is found.

I really want to reinstall and get preware working but I'm stumped. Preware just will not install without crashing the phone. Any advice appreciated.
    Last edited by mdvision; 01/24/2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: new info
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I've renamed the bell webos doctor zip file with a .jar file name extension. Webos Repair is running now. I hope this will allow the reinstall of Preware.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Further to previous posts.....no success

Running Webos Repair results in numerous "refused connection error 5" popups. I can OK the popup but the process is far too tedious to monitor and do this on every found file. I aborted the process and the phone shows no differences in trying to install preware. Each attempt still results in a phone lockup, spinning process wheel, and connection refused error 11 notification.

All other webosqi functions work including app and service removals, and other app installs. The phone runs all other installed apps very well with no lag. Preware will not load.

My other thoughts are the 1.3.5.1 update caused preware to become corrupted or dysfunctional due to the application moves to the USB partition.

Is there a way to manually remove and confirm all prior preware installed files?
    I've used webosqi to remove the previous installation which become non functional. Did webosqi leave anything behind that could be causing the reinstall problems? Before uninstalling preware I noticed that the device management feature only showed a partial list of installed software.

My phone has lots of homebrew apps that I don't want to have to reload by doing a full doctor. Only preware is an issue.
    Jason is the reason Palm is still in business.
  13. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Currently full time Computer Science student at University of Manitoba, heh.
    When do you graduate? You won't be interested in compilation technology would you??
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Just donated! Please donate to help him make these awesome patches!!!!!!! I am praying for a patch to get rid of the "drag to unlock screen"
    Yes, that is the patch I'm eagerly waiting for too!
    is there one for the verizon palm pre plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by boret View Post
    i have actually used patches & everything webos, thanks to all who have made my experience so good, especially jason -- where can i find a inexpensive pre 3
    ebay is your best bet for an ATT pre3 , but you may find something here at P/C .

also Jason will be working on updating this utility soon to work with the pre3 , im not sure if he will be working on the touchpad though . he didnt say . but the pre3 yes !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->