1.    #1  
    So um yeah .. since the update ive not been able to use the app catalog. Tonight I attempted an update, using PREWARE .. I suddenly get a message that I am no longer logged into my palm profile, I need to restart .. so i did ..

Now i am freaking out .. another message came up that says " you are no longer logged into the palm profile on this phone. if you plan on using this phone again, select restart. if you do not plan on using this phone, press erase"

I pressed restart but am scared to death its erasing everything anyways :|

If all my contacts are gone I am so going to freak out on palm :|

UPDATE: so my contacts are restored, however nothing will download still from the app catalog still, so all my previous apps are still in "paused download"

UPDATE: the phone got really really hot, the paused downloads were still trying to download so i deleted them. I thought finally I would just run webosdoctor but it keeps telling me the phone is not connected and wont run.

May be a trip to the sprint store today!
    Last edited by pixielee; 01/15/2010 at 06:35 AM.
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  2.    #2  
    SO an update ...I tried to webDr the phone and it refused. I had no more apps, but everything else seemed to work ok.

I ended up at the sprint store with a friend and thought, Ill bring this whole situation up and let them look at the PRE. 1 hour went by, he comes out asks me to enter my profile password, and I thought, great they have it figured out.

Another hour of sitting there and they said, we have no idea why the app catalog wont work, can we hard reset it... i said sure ( I had backed up photos/music the night before) - about 1/2 hour into that he comes out again and says, can you enter your profile info ... i did ...

another 1/2 hour and he comes out and says, the phone refuses to hard reset - I said yeah, i know, i tried to webDr is last night .. it wont work because it gets stuck when trying to restore my app catalog stuff and the app catalog is broke ...

He asks me to come back in another hour ... so i leave.

When I come back he hands me my phone and says "all set" its fixed - YAY

Right??

Not exactly .. I get home and yes, the app catalog works. Everything of course was set to defaults and I immediately hook up to WOSQI to get some things back! After I add 2 tweaks ( just hiding the nfl and nascar apps ) and do a luna restart .. the phone prompts that I need to upgrade and it will start at the end of charging .. and then just starts and upgrades itself.

yeah - they reset the phone to an older version. GREAT! 1.3.5.1 is what broke the app catalog in the 1st place. So after it completes, the 1st thing I do is try the app catalog .. which still seems to work ..

then I get a text message and realize that my gtalk and yahoo are not logged in - and they will not log in. Ive removed, re added - a diozen times at least - and nothing - the PRE will not add my accounts.

I thought, ok, i will add the messaging plugin and that should resolve it .. but no, it give some kind of "mount" error - i cant use my messaging app for anything other than text messages!

very frustrated with my PRE right now
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    I have the same issue when accessing app catalog apps from Preware. I described it in thread 224749 (nice, I can't post links until I have posted 10 messages...).
    Quote Originally Posted by ronino View Post
    I have the same issue when accessing app catalog apps from Preware. I described it in thread 224749 (nice, I can't post links until I have posted 10 messages...).
    Say 4 more things and you can post
    Hehe, one more is here.

I'll try a plain text url: forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/224749-partial-erase-when-catalog-apps-accessed-preware-1-3-5-2-a.html