Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    so, my roomates have iphones and droids... They bust out their light saber apps randomly and pretend to battle, ik dolphinking made one but it was laggy... And with the new sdk I was wondering if it was possible to make a light saber app.

my idea:

-start the app
    -have a button to enable/disable background music
    -be able to launch light saber by clicking on a pic of the handle, OR, by sliding open the pre keyboard
    -be able to zoom in/out of light saber
    -change colors of saber by clicking on the saber itself
    -have sound effects of saber in action tied into accelerometer move,ent

is it possible... Willing to donate for solid app!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    does any1 know if this is even possible or do we have to wait for Palm to release a newer SDK?
    I would giggle myself silly if I could open the phone and the saber comes on!
    Regarding the background music, it should change to the appropriate theme music for the character's lightsaber color. So a red lightsaber should switch the music to the Imperial March (Darth Vader's theme) or Duel of the Fate (Darth Maul). All other colors should go to hero themes (blue: Obi Won, green: Luke, purple: Mace Windu, etc.)

Only issue whould be licensing the music, so it probably couldn't be free.
    I would like this myself. Being a major star wars buff I just havent been happy with the current lightsaber app..would love to see someone make this. If I could, I would but I dont have the programming knowledge.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Regarding the background music, it should change to the appropriate theme music for the character's lightsaber color. So a red lightsaber should switch the music to the Imperial March (Darth Vader's theme) or Duel of the Fate (Darth Maul). All other colors should go to hero themes (blue: Obi Won, green: Luke, purple: Mace Windu, etc.)

Only issue whould be licensing the music, so it probably couldn't be free.
    idk how they got around it but the app on android is free and includes music. idkkk lol
    Being a geek in the truest sense of the word I say +1,000

I can see it now, I open the app and after just a second there's the hilt of my weapon. Holding it out stretched I flick up the screen with my thumb and that awe inspiring Snap-Hiss buzzes from the speakers... I'm having a nerdgasm just thinking about it. Someone make this so I can buyz it.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    need this app... stat. lol this would be epic.
    I'm in! Saw the original when it first came out back when and have wanted a light saber of my very own ever since.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  10. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Yeah, where the crap is the WebOs Lightsabre app?
    it's in the app catalog but it's horrible when compared to the ones for android and iphone.
  12. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Mmmm... "Your schwartz is as big as mine!!!" ...or not as it were...
    thats awesome, but i want a voice recording app to be able to be launched by sliding open the phone and make the kirk star trek star star date thingy lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    thats awesome, but i want a voice recording app to be able to be launched by sliding open the phone and make the kirk star trek star star date thingy lol
    Ugh...Trekkie
    Can't one be both a Star Wars geek and a trekker? I am...

IMO lightsaber apps are the dumbest thing ever

BUT i can honestly say if i could slide up to turn it on Id def grab this. good idea
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    IMO lightsaber apps are the dumbest thing ever

BUT i can honestly say if i could slide up to turn it on Id def grab this. good idea
    i agree, i never thought they made any sense, but after watching my roommates and friends go at it, its hilarious and i want in!!
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    I love it. I would do that a hundred times a day until my wife finally had enough and stabbed me. But it'd be SO worth it. I think holding the center button and opening the phone would be the perfect way for this to work or a maybe a power button tap and then a slide.

Me:"I just remembered I need to irritate my wife"
    Wife:"Don't open that <expletive> phone"
    Me: Opens phone: <bleep bleep comunicator sound>: "Captain's log, stardate 1912010. Must irritate my wife just one more time. I hope its not the last"
    Wife: "I hate you"
    Me: <Gigantic belly laugh, have to pull car over to catch my breath>
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Can't one be both a Star Wars geek and a trekker? I am...
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    No.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast