Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    any devs up to the task?
    CSR: How did your phone get sliced in half?
    CUST: IDK, I was just using an interactive, multi-user app with a friend!

EDIT: Joking aside: Wouldn't it be cool if phones could detect each other's proximity and make the sabre equivalent of the sword clanging noises?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if phones could detect each other's proximity and make the sabre equivalent of the sword clanging noises?
    Ok so this would be almost as cool as sliding it out to light the blade... although I feel a wii-mote like wrist strap would be recommended so perhaps someone should work on a DIY while they're at it

In all seriousness I'll donate to any serious takers with or with without location based clanging (That just sounds odd)
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    CSR: How did your phone get sliced in half?
    CUST: IDK, I was just using an interactive, multi-user app with a friend!

EDIT: Joking aside: Wouldn't it be cool if phones could detect each other's proximity and make the sabre equivalent of the sword clanging noises?
    that'd be great, but in my area i only know a few others with the pre, so until VZW gets it and more ppl hop on the palm-waggon, location isnt the top priority, but GREAAAAAAAAAT idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    ... Wouldn't it be cool if phones could detect each other's proximity and make the sabre equivalent of the sword clanging noises?
    ...that'd be great, but in my area i only know a few others with the pre, so until VZW gets it and more ppl hop on the palm-waggon, location isnt the top priority, but GREAAAAAAAAAT idea
    I think it might be pretty a pretty complicated process to properly detect proximity in a believable way. I think having the two phones registering their relative positions, and then using algorithms like those in FitTrack to keep track of each device, and then to use the accelerometer to detect device orientation might work. I think there's a lot of work here, but for someone who likes a challenge, this could really be fun!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Maybe its better to do the clash sound whenever there is rapid deceleration. I don't know how accurate the accelerometer is, or if it's even possible. If you swing the "saber" hard and stop, it sounds. It also works solo this way.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Regarding the background music, it should change to the appropriate theme music for the character's lightsaber color. So a red lightsaber should switch the music to the Imperial March (Darth Vader's theme) or Duel of the Fate (Darth Maul). All other colors should go to hero themes (blue: Obi Won, green: Luke, purple: Mace Windu, etc.)

Only issue whould be licensing the music, so it probably couldn't be free.
    we dont need the music...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12