View Poll Results: How many times have you dropped your Pre/Pixi?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once

26 29.55%
  • Twice

19 21.59%
  • Three

18 20.45%
  • Four

8 9.09%
  • Five (*** is wrong with you lol)

17 19.32%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Just a quick poll for fun and some study purposes (I guess)

How many times have you dropped your phone? What do you think caused you to drop it? And if any, what damage was caused?

I've dropped it once, while getting up at night, I reached for it, and it slipped my fingers and fell on my jeans, no harm done, it landed softly.

Motorola KRZR > Palm Centro > Samsung Instinct > Palm Pre
    I slipped through my hands once while I was trying to open the slider. A friend was looking at it and was trying to demonstrate how his kid would probably lose control and he ended up letting it slip through his fingers. Both times the phone fell on office floor. I didn't notice any damage and nothing funny about the phone function.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    my pre and the street are best friends.
    What if you've never dropped it? The option is missing from the poll.
    More times than I can remember!

I have so many hours on a computer that my hands don't work quite right anymore. I can type fast as hell, but holding things in my hands isn't that great anymore. So yeah, my Pre takes a tumble from time to time. I have a rather large chip in the top left corner of the Pre, but wifey and I were able to superglue the chunck back. You can see the crack still, but the piece is there so I'm not too concerned. It happens.
    I dropped my launch day many times with original back, with Touchstone back I don't think I have dropped it. The launch day Pre on it's last drop lost touchscreen.
    Third time was the charm for me. Nice crack across the right side of the screen making it inactive. And it was only dropped from about 2 feet onto the office floor. It did, however, have a nice USB port crack growing already. I think it was already weakened in that area and that is why so much damage was done from such a small fall.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    What if you've never dropped it? The option is missing from the poll.
    Lucky dog lol.

EDIT: A quick sidenote, do you guys use the included sleeve?

I've dropped it 4-5 times. Once hard on concrete. I've got a few knicks at the top, otherwise no damage. I was really worried since initially there were reports of screen cracks just from carrying in the pocket, but my phone is holding up very well. I've only ever had one, I got back in the middle of June.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Lots of asphalt drops. Slight chips and scratches here and there, nothing that I would want to give the phone up for!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    twice, both at home.
    hard tile floors.
    first time had to get volume buttons replaced.
    second time had to have the power button repaired.

I used the included sleeve until about 6/9/09
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I've dropped my phone significantly more than 5 times... everything from asphalt to concrete, to tile. My poor phone A piece of it actually chipped off. Oh well, still works fine!
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    How about never?
    Probably at least 25 times (which would be about once a week since launch day). I see no noticeable effects from the drops. One once (on the first day I owned it) on concrete. The rest have been on carpet or wood floors. One time was face down into a 5 gallon bucket of roofing cement (trowel consistency tar).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I only dropped it once, getting out of my car with my hand too full. I landed on mudding pavment, just a scratch. I try not to walk around holding it now. Pocket or stand still til done.
    I only dropped it once, getting out of my car with my hands too full. It landed on the muddy pavement, just a scratch. I try not to walk around holding it now...pocket or stand still til done.
    Once on hard ceramic floor, the other into the toilet.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Unfortunately I have dropped my pre 3-4 times. The last fall kind of had me worried it fell about 4 feet onto a hard tile floor. It landed completely flat on the battery side and the screen stopped working and went blank. I could see it was still getting power but no palm on the boot up and about 5 min later still a blank screen. All of a sudden the phone rings…whoa! So I tap to answer it despite the screen being blank..and viola! It answers. I start cracking up. I begin playing with the slider and get some flashing lights and a distorted screen.

Take it to the Sprint service center and they say they can’t do anything but order me a refurb and it would take 3-4 days to get. So what do I do knowing I am getting a replacement and am without a phone for 3-4 days…tinker. After taking the battery out and looking around, I can clearly see what looks to be the problem. A seriously crooked looking chip, I push and bend the chip back in place or what looked to be back in place as much as I could. Popped the battery back in and bam it worked! Now the refurb is still at sprint waiting for me, but this is my release day pre and everything works flawless despite my little screen incident, so I am really hesitant to exchange it now that it seems to be working properly. I am afraid the refurb will be a lemon. What do you guys think and what are the refurbs that are going back into circulation like?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindoh View Post
    What do you guys think and what are the refurbs that are going back into circulation like?
    I think you should just get a refurb, my first palm brand new was defective lol, imagine that. Refurb, at least a pro tech looked at it. IMO since you already put in the request.

Note: Dropped my Pre again, small, very small almost not visible chip lol. Works fine.

Dropped, thrown, or tossed? There is a difference in the velocity at which it hits the floor (tarmac, sidewalk, ground, etc.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast